What's new

Your 2011

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Here are some of my highlights of this year :D

1. Liseberg - Awesome park and Balder didn't disappoint either!

2. Grona Lund - Also a fab park and I loved the almost ingenius ways they manage to fit their rides in. Twister was another great woodie I did this year and both Swedish parks are places I'd love to go back to.

3. Lightwater Valley - Finally got to go here twice and ride the Ultimate which I loved, just for the sheer madness of it! Also Whirlwind is my new favourite Topscan - I had some epic rides on it and will hopefully be going back for more.

4. Flamingoland - My fourth new park of this year and I liked it - Kumali was surprisingly good for an SLC!

5. All the funfairs I've been to deserve an honourable mention as they've provided some great moments too.

6. Alton Towers/ Thorpe Park fireworks events - Excellent displays at both parks and a fab end to the season.

Ben

CF Legend
Got about 100 creds, which is always nice <3

Didn't BOTHER with any proper UK parks apart from the fab Draytes and fab Cornwall.

Finland and China were obviously the best parts. Loved them more than actual life <3

Aaron

Hyper Poster
2011 I did three coasters: vampire, inferno and stealth (4 if you count flying fish, but I don't)

How's THAT for adventurous! :p

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Oh yeah. I did Cornwall as well. Totes forgot about that.

'twas a fun weekend. Camping can **** right off though.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
2011 has been probably the busiest year for me both "professionally" (as Ian From CoasterForce) and personally, as Ian.

Fair amount of media days (Peppa Pig, Ben10) and some other perks, such as Skeleton Cove at LWV, Vampire XXI at CWoA and PMBO 3D filming (coming to our YT soon!).

Then there was the Italy trip which I was proud to organise. The other Lives were also a joy to attend.

I've also done my fair share of mincing at theme parks this year, taking spur-of-the-moment trips to Thorpe and Chessington for filming offrides and taking photos of Swarm's construction. Of course, there's trips like Cornwall, Greenwood and Dennlys which I'm had a laugh at.

I found a love for theme parks again in 2011 and I put that down squarely to my anticipation for Swarm.

I always like to take November off, give myself time to concentrate on the things I neglect during the season.

So yeah, all in 2011 has been a great year for me. I must pull my finger out and get the Lives and trips sorted for next year.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
mine was ok.

Started off with a thorpe / chessy / legoland weekend, and fitted on collossus for the first time in yonks.

then did flamingoland (mumbo jumbo sucked) and lightwater (on the day when ultimate was shut - so I whored the caterpillar instead!)

Highlight was grona lund - some great coasters, and love the way they've squeezed em all in, vilda musen was particularly awesome!

Then Blackpool - despite the anti-mandy stuff, it's a great place with a real buzz! cracking live, and great to get a last go on gold mine!

and a little trip to gt yarmouth, first go on the snails since I was about 8!

finally drayton - fitted on maelstrom (acyness), and troublesome trucks and ben 10 are good little family rides. And I love golden nuggets!

hoping to get to hyde park as well at some time!

actually - it was rather better than ok!

Nic

Strata Poster
I had a very busy start to the Theme Park year in 2011. In 10 weekends from mid-March to mid-May, there were only 2 that were coaster free. Trouble is, all of that took a massive hit on my finances, so it quitened back done for a while after that. During this period, I was forced to miss the Midlands live, which was the only one I didn't attend this year. I had a nice theme park fix again in June with the West Country camping trip, then it all kicked off shortly afterwards with our France day trip, quickly followed by Italy. Before I knew it, it was Blackpool, then Yorkshire, then GF! People at work often make comments like "You're ALWAYS going away somewhere" which I guess is kinda true. I feel really lucky that I'm able to do all these trips, and that I have a bunch of fabulous friends to go on them with!

Highlights:
Trip - Pass the Duchy
Park - kinda doesn't count, but Peppa Pig World blew me away. Gay RainbowLand was also as fab as I hoped
Coaster - Raptor and Troy (TROY!) were my favourites. They both just made me giggle with delight all the way round
Flat - Mystery Castle. It's such a simple idea, but has been executed so well. Huntik was also awesome, but was having some technical issues onthe day we were there.
Honourable mentios - As always, it's the people that make these trips what they are. The faff at Toverland was spot on, but is by no means the only example.

Lowlights:
The weather at MEHrabilandia
Temple of the SPITE Hawk
Bobbiejobbieland
Absent friends who were very much missed at GhosterForce
Bal Parc (although it's so unbelievably ghetto, that it's actually secretly kinda fab!)
Cleaning up the trail of vomit from around my flat ;)

All in all, 2011 was great and I hope that 2012 can be even better. I got somewhere in the region of 40 creds this year (I think), and hit my target of 200. Hopefully I can ride even more fab coasters in 2012. My first trip of the year is already booked, and I actually can't wait for Christmas to be over so that I can get on with next year's trips!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty quiet year for me, but that's going to be pretty much it for me forever, just taking it easy.

What I have done has been quite a fun, social and family year though. Brilliant couple of events with CF for Vampire's birthday and Ben 10 opening day. I like them for the Cf-ness of it all.

The Lives have been okay, but I missed out on Blackpool as I couldn't ride so missed out on a lot of the fun. There was still Alton and Drayton though.

Had a great day out with Ian in Portsmouth and half a day at Paultons (Paultons itself being a family highlight).

Brilliant few days with Jerry and family and a great trip to Alton with them, plus Blackpool behaved (plus time with Andy and Lofty). Also nice to see Taylor again at Blackpool, so she doesn't feel left out :)

So quiet, but some great days out and time well spent with friends and family. I think my coaster count increased by 1 this year :lol:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
For the second year in a row, I had yet another quiet theme parking year. I did Alton two or three times and finally went abroad and went to Plopsaland de Penne.

I didn't manage to get to any CF lives this year, which I'm really upset about. I missed my first Ghosterforce since I started going 3/4 years ago, and I just missed so many of you it's unreal.

As usual, I put all of my problems down to travel problems and money. That's burdened me since the dawn of time it seems...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
furie said:
Had a great day out with Ian in Portsmouth and half a day at Paultons (Paultons itself being a family highlight).
Ah yeah, I forgot about that one! That's where "if only there was some kind of roller coaster database..." thing was born. I probably forgot because I got drunk. For now on, whenever I look at my car's tax disc, I shall think of you and remember our wonderful trip to Paultons and Clarence Pier.

I have one regret this year - only doing one visit to Alton this year.

jayjay

Giga Poster
This year, managed to get to Alton, Drayton, Blackpool, Flamingoland and Lightwater Valley. All CF Lives.

Probably the highlight of the year was Lightwater Valley. It's probably the most promising park in terms of developement, Simon the marketing guy was awesome with his perks and Lightwater Valley somehow has a nice range of rides that are good. And CF was there of course.

Roll on 2012 when I might finally be able to get back to Ghosterforce!

peep

CF Legend
OMG, I've had such a massive year but at the same time I feel like my creds count hasn't increased by much (probably 20 something, maybe). There have been a silly amount of highlights though:

- Getting a bonus 6 months for free on my Disneyland Paris pass
- Pass the Duchy CF Live was just excellent
- Disneyland Paris media weekend, random July day trip and Halloween weekend were amazing
- Finding out the UK Merlin pass gets me into Sealife near DLP for free
- Three trips in one month (DLP, Phantasialand, Plopsaland)
- Italy epicness
- Rainbow Magicland's Huntik being the best dark ride I've ever been on
- All the awesome UK CF Lives I attended (think Midland Mayhem may have been the only one I missed out)

It's generally been a great year with some massive laughs with a bunch of amazing people. I've visited some of my favourite European parks and been to some new ones too. The weather for the majority of the trips was perfect too which is rare.

However next year is expected to be ever better, I have some mega trips planned with one of them already booked up and the amount of new creds I'm going to be riding next year is amazing so atm I'm just wishing for 2012 to hurry up.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah Lofty!!! Stop rioting!!! :lol:

Now, time for Sue to come along and make all well in the world :)

Will

Strata Poster
^
Sue's not actually all that great at defending broken opinions, despite having MANY of them, thanks to her unquestioning love of... everything and anything :p
And for that reason, her highlights of 2011 is likely to be a marathon list worth hiding from...

Snoo

The Legend
First year in a long time I didn't do next to anything. Only visited Cedar Point once. Next year should be better.

Snoo

The Legend
Well apparently, my grammar/paying attention to what I type went to hell as well. :lol:

TilenB

Strata Poster
:eek: This year was great for me:
Busch Gardens Tampa
Gardaland 2X
Six Flags Magic Mountain

First time ridding an wooden coaster :--D

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
My year was great! Even though my enthusiasm was sitting on the back burner, I still managed to make it out to a couple of parks. I hit up Disneyland/DCA on my senior class trip and had a blast! Visiting any theme park with some of your best friends makes it that much better! Later in the year I made the trip back out to Cali and went to SFMM, Sea World, and Belmont Park.
In conclusion, my year was great! For the first time in a long time, I was scared **** on a coaster (X2) and it has started to revive my coaster enthusiasm! The best part of the year, however, was that I was able to hang out with some good friends and have some great times. To me, that's what theme parks are all about!