What's new

Yomiuriland | Twist Coaster Robin | Sansei Yusoki Co.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: Yomiuri Land | Twist Coaster Robin | S&S El Loco

I'll admit, I almost love it too :p Saying that, the layout is a bit dire as seen in this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDZOrDfqhQ[/youtube]

And there's a POV too!

Surely, the standard El Loco would have been a better, possibly even cheaper choice since there would be low design costs? Bizarre. But then it is Japan after all...

peep

CF Legend

Looks like turd on a stick. I'm not really a fan of the El Locos anyway, but at least the others do more than this one.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

peep said:
Lol, what is going on with all the supports? Bizarre attraction.
The ride is entirely designed by Sansei (I think, there is no confirmation on it, but it's not an S&S ride), and nothing is done by S&S, that is why it looks so different.

There is some bad news for the ride though, so it will remain closed:
Afternoon on the 19th , in the amusement park of Tama -ku, Kawasaki , roller coaster of just the finished reverse-way traveling to the slope , I was in contact with the vehicle behind . Did no one was injured .

0:30 too afternoon the 19th , Amusement Kawasaki Tama -ku, in the " Yomiuri Land " , the roller coaster of the four-seater " twist coaster Robin " is the wrong direction in an ascending slope of starting immediately after , and unmanned it had stopped behind I was in contact with the vehicle .
When depends on the " Yomiuri Land " , three men in their 30s from the teens were riding in the vehicle that was reverse-way traveling , but there were no injuries both .

Just started commercial operation from the 19th , a device for preventing the wrong direction has been attached to the vehicle , but this roller coaster is that it did not work . In the " Yomiuri Land " , canceled by the operation of this roller coaster , we look for the cause that was reverse-way traveling .
In the " Yomiuri Land " , now talking " and would cause the trouble that should not be happening , it is not very sorry . Then determine the cause as soon as possible , you want to prevent the recurrence

1_1315.jpg

2_1212.jpg

Damage done to the ride.

3_1185.jpg

Here's a pic of a real El Loco rollback system:
maxresdefault.jpg

Source

Lofty

CF Legend

I didn't realise this was a knock-off?!

Intricks

Strata Poster

I thought S&S got bought out by Sansei (or something along those lines). I swear this was announced around IAAPA or something.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

They are. It is an s&s ride since the companies work together. I imagine s&s licensed the tech to sansei of similar.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:
I didn't realise this was a knock-off?!

Well it's not really a knock off, as Sansei owns S&S, but S&S said they have not been doing any design, calculating or manufacturing of the ride. The only thing that shows any resemblance to the S&S El Loco's would be the bodys, seats and restraints of the car, so they most likely have provided them with the drawings for those.

From the look of this photo the chassi of the train also seems developed by Sansei, as they don't really show any similarities to the El Loco cars, both the new ones and the older. Same thing for the track.

file.php

Intricks said:
I thought S&S got bought out by Sansei (or something along those lines). I swear this was announced around IAAPA or something.

They bought 77% if I remember correctly, I think it was announced at IAAPA 2012.

roomraider said:
They are. It is an s&s ride since the companies work together. I imagine s&s licensed the tech to sansei of similar.

It looks like Sansei have developed a lot on their own for this ride, so I would not really call it an S&S ride.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Looks like the ride is almost ready to re open after the opening day accident.

For some reason parts of the ride have be reprofiled

11233088_1450108665294527_8763977898450143810_n.jpg

Before

11705317_1450108661961194_6456090888914155705_n.jpg

After

The pull up from the first drop has also changed.
No solid opening date as far as I can see but soon.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

That certainly looks much better. Wonder when I'll make it over there to give it a try. I like the El Loco in Vegas because it had a different layout and I'm hoping for the same here.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

This is just horrible, how can they make a ride look so ugly! Vile creation.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Looks interestingly awful. I look forward to riding it this summer...if it's open by then!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

It can only be hundreds of times better than the POS it replaced, including if it's closed.

Bandit is fab though.

Lofty

CF Legend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoMPF7pD-KM[/youtube]
It looks rough as tits and just downright awful.

Snoo

The Legend

Holy sweet jesus. Was someone sober while designing this?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

How can someone that's NOT Vekoma or Zamperla design such an awful ride?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

despite the re profiling the park now seems to have now given up completely. Down comes the ride.

thumb_twistdown1.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster

I'm probably missing something, but what was the whole deal with this ride? It broke down (had some sort of accident?) during the first month of operation and has been SBNO since. And after 3 years of work (or just hoping it'll fix itself) they are now taking it down? Is it going for good or will they attempt to do something similar as Conny Land (probably some other place as well) did with Cobra and will re-do the track and put it back together?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^I think it had a similar situation to the Smiler, where track didn't fit. It also looks rough as hell. Not to mention the really bad transitions on some of the elements.

lachlan

Mega Poster
Looks like its being scrapped based on the picture.

I'm confused because looking back at the accident it sounds like the anti roll back was at fault, not the track. What a disaster of a ride!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk