What's new

YAY Merlin!

At the very least, there's signs and such - it's common sense. No problem with groups using single rider, but it doesn't require a staff member.

Rides management are AWFUL at Alton Towers, it is known.

...I'm also amused by the posts saying 'Thorpe had a good day and ran their rides' - this should be the norm; not the exception.
My issue isn't necessarily groups using it but it is groups insisting on being batched together.

I don't mind groups as long as they're happy to be split as the queue time can be longer than the main queue.

I'm not sure it's particularly clear on Hyperia as recently, there is confusion with single rider and fast track and I clarified it with a family behind me so they went into fast track straight after.

Staff on the entrance is something I've noticed for Europa Park on busier days where they're enforcing it as a single rider queue. It would certainly benefit Saw and Hyperia so groups know it might benefit them better to queue in the main queue or fast track if they want to ride together and in the case of Hyperia, going into the right queue line when the queue splits into fast track and single riders.

Although Thorpe Park is certainly a gem in the Merlin Parks in how it is run right now and I'd say it's something Alton Towers, Legoland and Chessington should aspire to.