What's new

X-Coaster at Magic Springs to Elitch Gardens?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Magic Springs in Hot Springs, Arkansas announced awhile ago that they are removing X-Coaster, the only Maurer Söhne SkyLoop in America, to make room for their Crystal Falls water park expansion. Deconstruction is set to begin after Magic Screams ends on Halloween. I'm curious as to what is happening with the ride, but all I have been able to find is speculation on ScreamScape that it's going to Elitch Gardens in Denver, Colorado. I don't know every source that many of you do, so if anybody can verify this or has seen it listed for sale, etc. please let me know by posting it here.
Thanks

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Elitch really doesn't need another ride like this that's just a single element, they need a new coaster that'll at least put it somewhat on the map. They only have Twister II, an SLC and three shuttles all of which are pretty sad with the exception of Sidewinder, which is just a genuinely fun ride.

IronWolfman

Roller Poster
UUghh I hope we don't get this!!! I mean, a Zamperla Spinning Wild Mouse would be better IMO, because I think a new family coaster for EG could help. Also, a Wild Mouse would have better capacity!!! This ride will probably run at HALF of Mind Eraser's capacity (Around 400 pph), and Mind Eraser has 2 hour lines often!!
New Coaster + 100ft plus coaster + horiible capacity = Death.

Taxi

Mega Poster
A SkyLoop would be a great addition for the Denver area. I know the GP would just eat it up because their all coaster deprived.

However.......
An El-Loco would be PERFECT for EG. Although they can be a bit pricey($5M+), especially for such a small(ish) park like EG. But it takes up a small footprint and can do so much more than a SkyLoop(which is just a one-trick pony).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Two more 'meh' coasters at a 'meh' park. I feel sorry for Denver coaster enthusiasts having a park with so much potential & constantly getting nothing but mediocre rides.