What's new

WTF BPB?

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Figures aside, you only have to have visited an almost any day this year to see how quite its been. On most occasions the only queues that form are due to very bad throughputs on rides rather than the park being busy.

Again, I point anyone who can't remember or wasn't around in the 90's in the direction of the documentary on YouTube, when a capacity crowd at Easter meant exactly that, capacity, not 2 trains on the Big One and Avalanche.

rob666

Hyper Poster
4-5 weeks ago the country was enjoying glorious sunshine till 10-11pm BPB had hour long queues for most coasters and shut at 5pm
Sorry, the park was quiet on most of the sunny days in June...disappointingly so according to the bar staff.
The coasters didn't have hour long queues on the days I visited, most were ten or fifteen minutes.
People are skint, it is hitting seaside parks hard.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Sorry, the park was quiet on most of the sunny days in June...disappointingly so according to the bar staff.
The coasters didn't have hour long queues on the days I visited, most were ten or fifteen minutes.
People are skint, it is hitting seaside parks hard.
What can I say, I am obviously wrong again, the queue for the Avalanche wasn't almost to the Revolution loop on 1 train and the Streak wasn't out past the Bus Tour, it was all my eyes lieing to me, just like when I was on the Streak during the fireworks years ago, and the Rev didn't run during the same display, despite posting a video to prove it.

I stand corrected.

rob666

Hyper Poster
You are quoting one day in the month, the month of June was quiet overall...reports from bar staff, admissions staff and operations staff.
The Streak and Avalanche have been on one train ops for virtually all the season, that explains their queues.
The park has been very quiet this season compared to recent years under the covid boost.
The whole seaside industry is struggling this year...it has been well covered in the national media.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
It wasn't one day, most of the school trip time was, as you would expect rammed with ridiculous queue times not helped by the traditional poor throughput BPB provide. While its normal for these trips to depart mid afternoon, you would think a 6pm close wouldn't be too much to ask for the rest of the public to actually get a reasonable number of rides in particularly while the weather was so good, thats all I'm saying.

Pretty desperate stuff from the Pleasure Beach marketing team...

What I learned from that article:

Blackpool Pleasure Beach has been voted as the best theme park in the UK in new global awards, which have also named it as better than Disney’s worldwide locations.

WHAT!

And then I see the list FFS. Milky Way in the the Top 10??

I'd love to visit Puy do Fou (I did Kynren earlier this year which was ace) but is it an amusement park? Really?

TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards – Amusement parks and water parks top 10​

1. Siam Park, Tenerife, Spain
  2. Beto Carrero World, Brazil
  3. Beach Park, Brazil
  4. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
  5. Waterbom Bali, Indonesia
  6. Puy de Fou, France
  7. Futuroscope, France
  8. Blackpool Pleasure Beach, UK
  9. Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
  10. Milky Way Adventure Park, UK

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
What a car crash of a list.
Beto Carrero? Really? a park who's star attraction is a relocated but admittedly beautifully painted SLC?

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
And so it continues, one 9pm close during the illuminations, the rest of time its 5 or 6pm close, meanwhile Alton is attracting 2+ hour waits on signature rides for a variety of reasons, but the fact remains that the hardware at BPB deserves more than the 10-15 minutes wait time its currently getting.

Surely something has to change.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
I will say as a non-season pass holder, I went at the weekend and had a great time.
An almost empty park will give a great experience if a ride count is what you are after.

However, the October half term is traditionally a time to enjoy rides in the dark for a good few hours as per the other major parks in the country, and that runs alongside a Halloween event and the illuminations.

This year there is no effort for Halloween other than the upchanrge event after hours, and a few pumpkins littered around, and the park has been closed before the lights come on up until this weekend, which only changed because the clocks changed and made it dark earlier.

Coastercal

Roller Poster
They need to ditch Journey to Hell asap.

A few hundred attending getting ripped off for £40 at the worst Halloween event in the U.K.

Instead just have the park open until 9.30. Offer a “Halloween Twilight Thrills” ticket that allows entry between 5-30 once it’s dark untill park close.

Few scare actors on the pathways and a bit of none b and m bargains Halloween theming around the place.

Charge somewhere around £39 for a full day or £25 for a twilight ticket.

Bound to work better than the current offering?

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'll be honest, I have paid little attention to Journey to Hell but I have noticed that the general consensus is that it's pretty crap.

My question is, for 40 quid, how long are you there and what do you actually 'do'?

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
I'll be honest, I have paid little attention to Journey to Hell but I have noticed that the general consensus is that it's pretty crap.

My question is, for 40 quid, how long are you there and what do you actually 'do'?

I believe it is 'open' from 7pm until 10, however it has been known for things to close earlier as is standard for this park.

Your money gets you ONE go on the following;

Icon in the dark
Dodgems
Ghost Train with actors and different audio
River Caves with actors and different audio.
Impossible, which is themed to a clown scare maze
Lost, which is a maze set up within the Space Invader ride area
Hell tunnels, which is set up underneath the Ghost Train/River Caves building.

For me, a better system would be that used by virtually every other park that sees a full park offering, with the option to pay extra for the mazes if you wish. I'd be happy to see the dark rides included as per Duel Live used to be at Towers, but if they see necessary to charge extra is expect a quality overlay not just some guy jumping out of a chair at the side of the track.

Had what is likely to be our final visit for the season yesterday, was enjoyable but quite. All rides on minimum capacity but for Icon and Steeplechase which were both on 2.

Grand National was done 3 times and remains my favourite, Nick Streak was also running particularly well, its a shame to see it shut from 4pm.

Elsewhere, one ride each on Derby, Alice, PB Express, Revolution, Icon, Dipper and Infusion.

We also did W&G and the Ghost Train twice to dodge the rain.

Big One was closed due to the wind, which was understandable, the River Caves was closed also, Avalanche and Steeplechase both had far too long lines to justify bothering whilst better rides were almost walk on.

Much to my annoyance the Jacket potato stall opposite the Big Dipper has gone however for those who don't mind taking some time out they are still available in Coasters, along with a selection of toppings and beer.