What's new

WTF BPB?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
🤷‍♂️ If every old ride there had to remain forever, because... Heritage... They wouldn't last the next 20 years as they'd never be able to add anything new.

Protect Ghost Train, Flying Machines, Dipper and Nash... They can bulldoze the rest for me, as long it means they can keep moving forward for years to come.

Edited to add: I fear the protected status of some of their rides will be a nightmare for them in the future too. Whoever applied for them to be listed wanted to protect them, obviously, they acted in good faith with admirable motives. But what if the park becomes nonviable because they're straddled with the expensive upkeep of rides that nobody even wants to ride anymore? What if those rides mean fewer and fewer additions, and the park falling further and further behind the competition, because they haven't got the money or space for new rides, due to the listed status of old ones. We'll lose the park and the rides... :(

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nash, it holds a very special place in my heart, was my first woodie, and I absolutely loved it back in the 90s. But if I had to choose between losing the Nash now, or losing the park in 20 years, that choice is fairly easy.

Last edited:

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
🤷‍♂️ If every old ride there had to remain forever, because... Heritage... They wouldn't last the next 20 years as they'd never be able to add anything new.

Protect Ghost Train, Flying Machines, Dipper and Nash... They can bulldoze the rest for me, as long it means they can keep moving forward for years to come.

Edited to add: I fear the protected status of some of their rides will be a nightmare for them in the future too. Whoever applied for them to be listed wanted to protect them, obviously, they acted in good faith with admirable motives. But what if the park becomes nonviable because they're straddled with the expensive upkeep of rides that nobody even wants to ride anymore? What if those rides mean fewer and fewer additions, and the park falling further and further behind the competition, because they haven't got the money or space for new rides, due to the listed status of old ones. We'll lose the park and the rides... :(

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nash, it holds a very special place in my heart, was my first woodie, and I absolutely loved it back in the 90s. But if I had to choose between losing the Nash now, or losing the park in 20 years, that choice is fairly easy.
just get rid of steeplechase, its low capacity and its generally an unreliable and unenjoyable experience that takes up a lot of land. could fit something large in the land it/steeplechase/SI2 took up

spicy

Giga Poster

And whoever it was that applied for those to be listed, why did they forget to protect The Wild Mouse 🥺

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Yeah, while losing Grand Prix is sad, I was ultimately never that bothered by it being closed on most of my recent visits. The park can't just keep every old ride forever, because if nothing changes, that's not great for the future. I can only hope that the replacement is worth it.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
It's sad, but it's closure is acceptable, given the quality of the ride vs the space it takes up and potentially replacement opportunities. That said, I hope the replacement arrives significantly faster than the promised developments that were to replace the Wild Mouse and Trauma Towers, unless a scarcely opened bar and a patch of AstroTurf was the long term plan...

Also, would it not make sense to have whatever this send off is prior to it closing?

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster

+ River Caves and this list is right.