What's new

Worst Queuelines

Naemuti

Mega Poster
PLCP said:
As much as I love all the theming, WDW's queues go on FOREVER, and get either really boring or really annoying.

For example:

RnR: Standing outside sucked the life out of me.
Everest: The bells made me want to kill half the people in the line.

The outside doesn't go on THAT long though. It just feels like it because it loads like molasses. ;)

A

Anonymous

BENjAMiN said:
Everest has an interesting que but when it gets full it's pretty bad considering they have a million bells for people to ring. And one-after-the-other they just ring the bell and ring it. I mean wow I got really mad but I enjoyed the mini museum of Everest stuff.

I loved those bells. There was this guy is front of me that was getting so pissed off, and he wasn't saying anything, but he eventually just walked around with his fingers in his ears. I just love how easily annoyed some people can be. Pretty much everyone else was ringing them, and the guy kept turning around to see if it was me. I was waiting for a chance to do it when this guy would be looking the other way.
Then I found a spot where there were three together and I hit them all at the same time, as loud as possible.

That was fun.

I agree that the outdoor part of Rock 'n' Roller coaster's queue sucks though. Such an awesome ride, why can't it be well themed, or at least indoors?

PLCP

Mega Poster
Jumboshrmp said:
I agree that the outdoor part of Rock 'n' Roller coaster's queue sucks though. Such an awesome ride, why can't it be well themed, or at least indoors?

Good, someone agrees with me. What you said is true, it's just all concrete. And as much as I like Aerosmith, listening to them for that long gets really annoying.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Switchbacks with nothing.

I.e. S:RoS SFNE, BTR SFNE, oy, the list is practically infinite.

You actually have to wait in BTR? All the times I've been on it's never been more than 20 minutes or so, usually on the stairs, never on the switchbacks. The first time I went this season it was less crowded and a walk-on.

marc

CF Legend
For me its Shockwave as the building is dark and a health hazard, full bins and dust every where.

Rita is also bad as you have no idea where you are going and when the sun comes out there is no shade.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Spinball Whizzer, me and my family have had some horrible experiences in the queue to that, we always go in the singles line now!

scan

Mega Poster
I hate furious baco cue, not because it is well maintained, but when you are on the outside of the main building you think Ohh once I get in the building your on the ride. WRONG then you have to wait the same amount of time in a cramped box, but you do get to watch trains fly through the incline, Oh and it always breaks down!!

walker1104

Mega Poster
I think Rita's is the worst queueline that I've been in. Simply for the fact that its one big cattle pen, and there is no way of getting out of the sun on a hot day.

A

Anonymous

I must admit that I was a little disappointed with the queues at Drayton Manor. They are all either a pen outside, or a pen in a square box I noticed.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I also hate the ones were you're held outside until the "main" queueline is empty (eg rat ride and x:nwo)

also - klondike at funland is dire.. just an almost pitch black tunnel

Ben

CF Legend
Roller Soaker at Hershey has an evil queue. You get all this water dumped on you in the first half of the queue, and then dry out on your way to the station, only to get soaked again. Evil, evil queue design. Plus it moves at like, 0mph, and is right next to a road. Bad queue-line.

A

Anonymous

I think the Wild Mouse at Pleasure Beach Blackpool is horrific. Irn Bru Revolution is a bit annoying too. Speed at Oakwood is terrible too, looks like a building site at the moment :roll:

Kebab

Giga Poster
Stampida - Tedious, OTT vandalised
RITA - It's all zig-zag and it p****s me off
Space Invader - Claustraphoebic, hard to breath
Revolution - Steps :(
Shockwave - Similar to Stampida

Dragon Khan's queue wasn't that bad. It looked nice, you always seem very close to the station and because of short queue's its quick to get on the ride!

Goliath123

Mega Poster
Probalby never heard of it but in Aus, at Sea World there is a ride called The bermuda traingel where you have to watch a 5 minute video before every single ride........

Kebab

Giga Poster
Goliath123 said:
Probalby never heard of it but in Aus, at Sea World there is a ride called The bermuda traingel where you have to watch a 5 minute video before every single ride........

It's similar to many rides in which a video is played. Hex for example. I'm not a fan of rides that do that, and it tends to mass up queue's

Ben

CF Legend
Not really, since the alternative to watching that video is just standing in line for longer...

It's a clever way of making you think you aren't waiting when in fact, you are.

walker1104

Mega Poster
Another one for me is the X:\ No Way Out queueline, I don't really know why, I just don't like it. Plus after the crap queueline, theres a crap ride at the end.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
coasterchris93 said:
Goliath123 said:

It's similar to many rides in which a video is played. Hex for example. I'm not a fan of rides that do that, and it tends to mass up queue's

The whole point of Hex is the videos, sure it's not as good when you know the dialogue off by heart, but it still adds to the overall atmosphere of the ride...

Strange that they do an entire pre-show before a water ride though (Bermuda Triangle), Goliath 123, can you expand on how the queue for it works please?