What's new

Worst queue?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
What is the most horrible queue you've ever been in?

For me it was the queue for the Ben 10 coaster at Drayton manor. It was an hour long and had the most irritating queue video that constantly repeats itself and there is this room which has extremely bright lights that flicker constantly. It was an epileptic seizure sufferers worst nightmare. By the time I got on the ride I was just relieved that the torture was over. If you have had to queue any length of time for that ride you will know what im talking about

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
In the queue for stormforce there was loads of graffiti including some which said call 07... for free sex!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think 1.5 hours for my first ride on Hulk. Now I try to avoid most rides that have a wait time of over 30 min.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
In terms of length, I think and hour and a half for Maverick is the longest I've waited.

For other factors, the pre-ride video on Rip Ride Rockit got annoying after a while.

In the queue for Batman at SFGAdv, as you get close to the station they play a dripping sound, to simulate water falling into the batcave. However, they played it incredibly loudly, and it had a really high pitched echo. It was annoying, verging on painful at times.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
The longest queues I've been in are 2 and a half hours for soaring at Epcot, 2 hours for haunted mansion at dlp and an hour and a half for nickolodean streak at blackpool

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Longest was The Swarm on opening weekend, worst, hmmm, I certainly agree Ben 10's queue is AWFUL, it was so hot and there were some chavy **** heads behind and in front of us. I don't like dull wooden fence queues, e.g. Colossus. I'll tell you my least favourite queue, it has just occurred to me, Saw. The random memorabilia from the movies is cool but it moves so awfully slowly, it always seems to rain and is so cold and I always seem to have Stone Cold three feet away from me shouting. So yes, Saw The Ride's queue is my worst queue.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Hobbes said:
In the queue for Batman at SFGAdv, as you get close to the station they play a dripping sound, to simulate water falling into the batcave. However, they played it incredibly loudly, and it had a really high pitched echo. It was annoying, verging on painful at times.
By FAR, the worst queue line EVAR. Its so hot inside, too! Miserable. In terms of length, the worst for me was a little over 3 hours for Volcano: The Blast Coaster. Now every time I go to KD, I refuse to ride the coaster unless the wait time is 45 min or under.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Are we talking wait time or actual queue?

Longest wait was 4 hours for TTD back during its beginning years. However, you can still wait that amount of time during the busy parts of the season for Cedar Point. The longest wait I have ever waited that you can never really ever wait is 3 hours for Diamondback's opening day, with the line wrapping all the way around the park. It was a conscious decision to wait and say that I had waited the longest to ride. :razz:

As for worst queue in general, Millennium Force. The queue is tightly packed, and the sunshades do not allow for proper air circulation, which means the body odor of the gentleman a row over can be smelled for miles.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I forget how long we were in the queue for Huracan at Bellewaerde just after it had opened. But I remember the stifling heat of the endless corrugated tunnel of death.

peep

CF Legend
Oh gawd, Huracan's queue was a disaster, just so hot and stuffy and no indication of how much longer you had to suffer, it went on forever!

Longest I've waited was possibly 3 hours for Nemesis Inferno for a Cf-Live which was fine due to the queueline entertainment.

The queue for the Halloween version of Space Fantasy at Universal Japan was also horrendous, made worse by being alone and no way of knowing the time.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Pierre

Strata Poster
Last year topped my longest queue time. 2hrs 45 minutes for the Smiler (in an advertised as 90 minute queue length). Still, the ride was decent and I got four free return tickets out of a complaint (as well as other ****, power cuts e.t.c).

The queue for bubbleworks at GF 2006 would have been a pain in the ass with the Sugar Puffs advert on repeat had it not been for CF'S CRAZY ANTICS OMGLOL. Vampire queue that year was a **** pisstake too.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Kumali for me - I just hate seeing that there are about "5 cycles" of the ride when I'm in the queue, yet having to wait about 80 minutes for those 5 cycles to complete!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
There is a "What the longest you waited?" thread out there somewhere....

The "worst" queues I have seen (not necessarily waited in) are Kraken and Tatsu. Kraken is a series of never ending ramps up hill, with no cut through at all. Pain in the ass.

Tatsu's queue, which I have been lucky enough to never have to wait in but have seen it while operating, is the definition of a cattle pen. It is a square queue with a tent over head to "protect" the guests from the desert sun. Nothing but switch back after switch back. It's like an RCT3 nightmare.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I hadn't considered the whole 'no cut through' thing so you have to walk miles in a winding empty queue. If The Swarm's 'cattlepen' is open then that is an arse. Now I think about it The Swarm tends to be busy in a morning and dies down mid-afternoon but, of course, staff don't bother to then close parts of the queue so you have to walk around the whole thing. Such a pain.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Lol, you think the queueline for Ben 10 is bad? Try queueing in the height of summer for Shockwave or G Force :wink:

I think my worst queueline experience was last summer at Blackpool. The PMBO had a queue time of 2 and a half hours, plus it was the hottest day of the year. I'm surprised no one flaked out in that heat.

lauren

Roller Poster
Soaring at Epcot was really long for what you got out of it (it really wasnt very good imo)

Personally though, I have to agree and say that the Rip Ride Rockit video got on my nerves after about ten minutes of standing in line. I'm pretty sure I knew the name & tune of every single song they offered in every genre by the time I rode it. It was terrible.

The Hulk also had a really long line up but the videos were somewhat entertaining (though the line was really bad because I didn't get the express pass and they let everybody who showed up in the fast line in before regular people so the first half took a lot longer than the second half of the wait)

Another queue I really disliked was the Dueling Dragons at IOA (not sure if it was like this before the update). The queue was underground for a long time, and it was dark and cramped and of course full of people....I don't normally get claustrophobic but waiting an hour in the dark underground in the heat was not fun. Also I don't imagine what you would do if you had a sudden urge to use the toilets down there.

A101

Mega Poster
Longest: 2 hours for X2. As a first time visitor to the park that queue is particularly annoying as they hide the cattle pen of switch backs behind a berm, so at first glance the wait isn't that bad, only to find out there is much, much more to come.

Worst: Gatekeeper. That queue had SO much potential being it's right by the beach, but all the beauty is shielded by wrought iron fences along the beach. My greatest gripe is the fact that although in nearly all of the photo trip reports you've seen you see blue and white shade structures over the queue, that's ONLY by the beach, and the rest of the switchbacks remain uncovered. I'm not joking when I say I thought I was going to get sunburned in that queue.