What's new

Worst intamin(other than green lantern at sfmm)

Is there a bad intamin other then green lantern?

• Yes(tell me in comments)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hutch

Strata Poster
HfUVWvV.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster
Gonna need you to do better than that my friend.

Forget the comparisons to Dragster for a second... Kingda Ka is still a poor coaster regardless. Once it launches, everything, everything
after that till the brake run is ruined by the roughness. The rattle is so bad that it takes your attention away from the rest of the ride. I can't enjoy that launch when the train is just shaking back and forth. Couldn't appreciate the fact that it's the tallest coaster in the world when I was too busy trying to brace myself. Couldn't remember if there was airtime at the top, but usually if I can't recall something then it probably didn't happen or wasn't memorable enough. The second hill had very weak floater but at that point I had enough of the ride. At least it was over quick.

But add the roughness factor in with other drawbacks like restrictive off-ride views, OTSRs, and a useless dual loading station, well you got a pretty poor excuse for the tallest coaster in the world.

LoopingSean91

Roller Poster
If there even is a bad intamin then I’m just curious what it is

Rita at Alton Towers is definitely a bad one. Mild Launch, lacks force, no airtime, poor lay out and extremely rough!
Would also say Furios Baco at Portaventura if it wasn't for the epic launch

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Kingda Ka and Furius Baco. They’re not just my least favourite intamins but two of my most-hated coasters period. @Hutch nails every reason why KK is just plain bad. Furius Baco at least has a more tolerable launch, but with it being a wing-coaster the aggressive vibrations throughout the rest of the ride are even more disgusting, even in the inside seats.

Intamin are a great manufacturer because they regularly deal in the “extreme”, but occasionally that means their coasters are extremely bad. I’m also well-aware that some people would use that same logic against my own favourite coaster, which is fair enough (but at least I305 is smooth... ;))

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Here is my personal list of ridden Intamins which should go away;
Colossus - Thorpe
Insane - Grona Lund
Kanonen - Wherever is it now(technically it is gone YAY!)
Rita - Alton
Tornado - Bakken

Ka - I enjoyed the front row ride, my other ride at the back was pretty bad. But based on the front row I wouldn't take a wrecking ball to it just yet.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Rita at Alton Towers is definitely a bad one. Mild Launch, lacks force, no airtime, poor lay out and extremely rough!
Rita extremely rough? Get some balls, man! ;)
I've had a bit of airtime on Rita the last couple of times I've ridden - nothing major and not sure why it's suddenly started doing it when it never did before but there you go. I think the launch is pretty good and it's still the second best cred in the park for me but I know I'm in the minority there!

As for Baco, I have it in my top ten :D Only ridden it twice, both front row but I didn't think it was particularly rough at all. You youngsters are all too soft!

LoopingSean91

Roller Poster
Rita extremely rough? Get some balls, man! ;)
I've had a bit of airtime on Rita the last couple of times I've ridden - nothing major and not sure why it's suddenly started doing it when it never did before but there you go. I think the launch is pretty good and it's still the second best cred in the park for me but I know I'm in the minority there!

As for Baco, I have it in my top ten :D Only ridden it twice, both front row but I didn't think it was particularly rough at all. You youngsters are all too soft!

Each to their own my friend! The last 2 times I've rode Rita it's just far too painfull on my shoulders and the rock hard seats have hurt my hips. I am 6 foot 3 though ? I'm my opinion it needs lap bars now, them intamin restraints are horrible! I think the same for Baco.
I personally think Rita will be gone for the next SW9. They could fit an awesome Intamin Blitz or Mack Mega in that space!
Thoughts?

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Each to their own my friend! The last 2 times I've rode Rita it's just far too painfull on my shoulders and the rock hard seats have hurt my hips. I am 6 foot 3 though ?
Ah well I am a mere 5'9" so that might make a difference ;)

I think Rita still has plenty of life in her yet and Merlin wouldn't trash a cred until it's absolutely necessary. Trains with lapbars would certainly be a good and relatively inexpensive improvement though. I would rather see Galactica removed since it's a bit dull and there's quite a lot of space in Forbidden Valley for the next coaster, but I'm not sure they would consider removing an SW just yet either.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Reverse Freefall Coasters. I've done both (well, Intamin also counts Turbo Track as one, but that one is much better, imo) and while not bad in terms of roughness, they are both extremely dull rides, especially considering their posted height (which they don't really reach) and speed (which they also probably don't reach). And not to mention how awfully loud they are off ride. Can't think of any other ride that's anywhere near these in terms of sheer noise they produce.

And hah, at least the Aussie one is the only ride so far that I've been evacuated from after it overshoot the brakes and stopped in maintenance area a few meters on...

Baco and Colossus can also f*ck right off...

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Only one of these I agree with is Insane at Grona Lund, that thing is horrific and I never want to go on one again.

Kingda Ka is a bit rough but near the front it's still an amazing launch and I love those top hats, Furious Baco is rough but I love it for how ridiculous it and unique it is, and the final turnaround over the lake is breathtaking.

All of the others mentioned I quite like except for the horrible older Intamin restraints. I think Rita and Colossus would be up there as some of my favourite UK coasters if they had Tarons trains, but even so I don't find them too rough to enjoy, and I'm 6'3 too.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
After riding Kindga Ka in April I think that may have been the last time I do so (unless it's front row as some people have said isn't as bad). The ride was SO rough I couldn't wait for it to be over. Zumanjaro, however, is one of my favorite drop towers, so we can keep Kingda Ka around just so we don't lose that ride.