What's new

worst/best sponsorship

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Those queue line tvs that were in queues for the Tussads/merlin attractions. Advertising Capri-Sun and ceral, etc...
When were they first installed?

andrus

Giga Poster
Auraofshadows said:
The worst that I have seen has got to be Oblivion when sponsored by Fanta.
This, because I haven't seen any of the dreadful Six Flags ones irl. But the Fanta logos kind of disrupted the whole atmosphere in the x-sector area..

Best: has to be Mercedes sponsoring Silver Star at Europa Park! That sponsorship actually enhances the whole experience making the theme more "believable", plus it's quite cool to have the opportunity to look at sports cars while queuing for a ride!

marc

CF Legend
Kodak on I Shrunk the Audience as you had to sit through that bloody advert. Actually made me not bother with the attraction as I did not want to stand through that.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Bubbleworks sponsorship is awful compared to how the ride used to be. Still can't forgive Chessington for doing that. The Flume at Alton Towers is marginally better, at least that updated a ride that really needed a bit of TLC.

The Disney ones are all quite appropriate. Kit Kat was very appropriate for Jubilee Odyssey seeing how it's always broken.

There needs to be more inappropriate sponsorship, like Findus or Pritt Stick sponsoring anything horse related, or the Jeremy Kyle Show sponsoring Drayton Manor on weekdays during low season.

Crossleyland

Roller Poster
Personally i think the Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is the worst as non enthusiasts know is as the Pepsi Max!

It just annoys me when people say oh have you been on the pepsi Max at blackpool or when you say have you been on the Big One at Blackpool and their like "Is That new?"

I don't think it adds to any of the ride either! :D

Luxornv

Mega Poster
The rainbow wrapped trains for Stride Gum on Demon at SFGAm are the worst I have actually seen. It detracts from the ride too much and irritates people more than gaining attention for the sponsor. There was also the one for hair gel on Vertical Velocity that was really annoying. There were just stickers on the back of each seat, but the ad itself looked really annoying. I believe there were also a few wraps on the decorative pillars on the side of the ride.

Whizzer at SFGAm had an okay sponsor a few years ago. There were just a few small stickers on the ride that weren't extremely noticeable.