What's new

World's Tallest (Freestanding) Gyro Drop Tower and Slingshot for I-Drive Orlando

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ngl don't really see the point of this park when there's nothing to look at in that flat mix of concrete and swampland, besides the slingshot these rides are view oriented yet there's nothing
I was there a couple of nights this past weekend, and it's fantastic.

You don't go there solely for the rides. They have restaurants and bars, and the bars and Star Flyer are open until 2AM every night, including Sundays.

Like, you go there to drink some decent-priced beer and cocktails, then you ride the Star Flyer f**kered.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Y'all

Definitely, definitely the best drop ride I've ever done. I don't even know how to describe it. From the top you can pretty much the entire State of Florida it seems and looking down on the top of the slingshot, and being eye level with the ferris wheel is pretty impressive. You stay at the top long enough to do a full rotation and really take in the view before the seats tilt you a bit, forcing you to look down. The drop lasts forever too ♡ got off it feeling somewhat shaky and I can't even recall the last time getting that big of a rush on a ride..... and I got a solo ride on it. 😀😀😀

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I reckon the drop would be fun (mostly, if not slightly terrifying) but the tilt at that height looks horrendous!

Indy

Hyper Poster
Y'all

Definitely, definitely the best drop ride I've ever done. I don't even know how to describe it. From the top you can pretty much the entire State of Florida it seems and looking down on the top of the slingshot, and being eye level with the ferris wheel is pretty impressive. You stay at the top long enough to do a full rotation and really take in the view before the seats tilt you a bit, forcing you to look down. The drop lasts forever too ♡ got off it feeling somewhat shaky and I can't even recall the last time getting that big of a rush on a ride..... and I got a solo ride on it. 😀😀😀

If that Twitter post was in real time, then I missed you by probably 15 minutes. I concur with the sentiment though. The view is astonishing and really puts the height into perspective for a ride that really doesn't look THAT tall from a distance. Then the drop just feels like it lasts for an eternity. The wind gets to be quite intense before finally hitting the brakes.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I was on it around 12.15. I saw it cycle once empty and then I rode solo and never saw it run again while I walked around Icon playing Pokémon haha. Did see the slingshot run a few times, I'll probably do that in the next few weeks or so if I can convince someone to go with me. Basically none of my work friends wanna even step near it, or the tower haha.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I was on it around 12.15. I saw it cycle once empty and then I rode solo and never saw it run again while I walked around Icon playing Pokémon haha. Did see the slingshot run a few times, I'll probably do that in the next few weeks or so if I can convince someone to go with me. Basically none of my work friends wanna even step near it, or the tower haha.
I was probably on it around 12:45-1 with old CF user CedarPoint6. I'm not as enthusiastic about riding the slingshot either, haha. Though it was incredibly cool to be on the tower and coincidentally at the same height when the slingshot carriage reached its peak.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I generally consider myself ‘brave’. Public speaking? No problem. Fighting off undead hordes with my bare fists? Easy peasy. But I confess that these rides make me extremely nervous… and I’m heading Orlando in March 🙈

Posting this from the garden (currently hugging the ground).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I am, rather openly, not the biggest fan of drop towers. They still give me the willies.

This thing looks disgusting.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
So is this actually the tallest drop tower beating Zumanjaro, or does Z still have the actual descent record? So confusing 🤔

Would definitely ride it though, big drop towers still scare me. What's the price point @CanobieFan?

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah but I'm pretty sure they're including the height of the monument on top of it. The actual drop height I believe is a little less.
Ah, that makes sense; the monument does look quite tall (as a proportion of the drop tower itself)!