What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

ColtenPennel

Roller Poster
I have a good feeling this might take the cake as best night ride in the park maybe the state alongside outlaw run. There’s no development in that back area, it should be pitch black, unlike prowler’s turnaround where you get a nice view of the employee parking/seasonal storage.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The spiral lift is the most interesting part of this. The rest of the layout looks fine, but doesn't seem to do anything particularly special.

Fair enough - 7/10 reaction from me. Would be a nice +1 if I ever get back to the park.

EDIT: Wait, just realised it would be the ONLY +1 for me if I went back to the park, and I last went in 2010. Eeesh. Not quite worth a 13 year wait, that...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I have many questions about this.

One interesting thing to note is only the lift hill and turn around the lift hill use Titan track, the rest of the coaster is wooden.

EDIT:- Stats:-
Screenshot_20220811-105147.png

It also has a 2:00 duration.

Trailer video:-

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
Perfect chance to rename the boomerang DeJa Vu. I know its been done elsewhere but you have the double whammy of getting to see it a few times on that novel lift hill. I wonder if there was a better reason for doing it that way.

cookie

Giga Poster
What’s going on with all the catwalk-less track? Don’t think I’ve seen that on a GCI before.

The spiral lift is using tire drives instead of any chain also.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
I'm wondering why they didn't just go for a full Titan track layout? What's the benefit for WOF to take wooden track, apart from that it'll likely be cheaper?

Bit of a weird one, spiral lift is interesting but the rest of the layout seems a bit generic. Just one small but forcefull outerbank (or maybe even an overbank) would've made it a lot more exciting.

Matt N

CF Legend
Interesting!

I wasn’t expecting the spiral lift… that does seem a tad out there for GCI!

The rest of it basically looks like a regular GCI wooden coaster. Which is fine; it should fit nicely within the park and be a nice fun ride for the family thrill demographic! Yes, they already have Prowler, but that’s a much larger GCI; this will be far more suited to families and younger thrillseekers, which should fill a void in the park’s lineup.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
I think the ride looks really good. Sure maybe not the extreme thrill ride we were expecting but that’s not a bad thing. Looks really unique and weird. I also think that second half will be really intense. Some of those turns and transitions are really tight which makes me happy. Some solid airtime moments too! I’m a fan, plus bringing back the Zinger which is awesome!

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Not terrible. People will love that they are bringing back that spiral lift hill. Definitely family coaster. So next year will be modern Orient Express.

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Now we pray that this is the start of a decade run of adding new coasters every other year and sprinkle in new flat rides in the years between. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately this won’t get people other than locals to come from all over the states to visit the park.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
Now we pray that this is the start of a decade run of adding new coasters every other year and sprinkle in new flat rides in the years between. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately this won’t get people other than locals to come from all over the states to visit the park.
Yes, but man will this ride eat up the local crowd who are nostalgia crazy. My mom is not a coaster fan, but when I said they are bringing back the zinger she was sold