What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
I've had a gut feeling this was going to be a family coaster since the early rumors that it was a modern version of Zinger. The only family coaster that WOF has right now is Spinning Dragons and those spinners don't always appeal to everyone. As much as I'd be disappointed, a family wooden coaster does make sense in their lineup.
The modern version of zinger has been disproven multiple times now. This Project and Project 2.0 ( a modern take on orient express) are two separate projects. the modern take on the Zinger was the rumor for project 2.0 for a while but has since switched to orient express

jonnyu

Roller Poster
The modern version of zinger has been disproven multiple times now. This Project and Project 2.0 ( a modern take on orient express) are two separate projects. the modern take on the Zinger was the rumor for project 2.0 for a while but has since switched to orient express
According to what source? Just curious

MurphNation

Mega Poster
According to what source? Just curious
Swoosh (Midwest Info Guide) probably, he originally said something that he was hearing stuff about Project 2.0 for awhile and then this project popped out of nowhere. I'm also assuming that Project 50 is the GCI Titan Track and sometime within the next couple of years is Project 2.0. The Projects were never switched we jus didn't know enough about the projects.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
screamscape is also reporting it as two separate projects. The site has been really accurate on reporting this attraction/attractions so I am trusting the site when it comes to this project

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I like your thinking on the height restriction haha! I would take half of what Outlaw Run has going for WOF new coaster. Outlaw Run, although short is one of my fav’s especially at night. Can’t beat it at night.
More (Extreme-ish) Coasters with an 48-inch height requirement and these are Cedar Fair Coasters Too

Millennium Force, Twisted Timbers, and Railblazer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.39.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.39.34 PM.png
    659.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.41.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.41.11 PM.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.42.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 12.42.49 PM.png
    257.4 KB · Views: 39

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
The thing that I keep going back to is the Infinity Flyer train. No reason for Worlds of Fun and Cedar Fair presumably to have purchased the presumably more expensive Infinity Flyer train over the Millennium Flyer train if it was going to be a family coaster.

But, at the same time, I want a GCI Titan Track with ejector and inversions (a launch would be the cherry on top) and I don't want it to be a family style coaster. But just because you don't want to believe something, doesn't mean it isn't true. The capitalized "Safari Tours" could indicate that it is something more on the family friendly side. After all, it is generally families that are huge revenue generators for amusement parks, not coaster nerds like me.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
The thing that I keep going back to is the Infinity Flyer train. No reason for Worlds of Fun and Cedar Fair presumably to have purchased the presumably more expensive Infinity Flyer train over the Millennium Flyer train if it was going to be a family coaster.

But, at the same time, I want a GCI Titan Track with ejector and inversions (a launch would be the cherry on top) and I don't want it to be a family style coaster. But just because you don't want to believe something, doesn't mean it isn't true. The capitalized "Safari Tours" could indicate that it is something more on the family friendly side. After all, it is generally families that are huge revenue generators for amusement parks, not coaster nerds like me.
I believe I actually make up a large part of all amusement parks revenue ;)

Edit: Any word on how much this coaster gonna cost?

TyStyle

Roller Poster

I feel the exact same way, just too many things pointing to the thrilling coaster. I understand the family aspect though as well. But I feel like if they expanded the Africa area back there behind Boomerang and connected up with the Prowler dead end, there's opportunities to include additional flats or other family friendly attractions.

Could this be an indicator of an expansion where multiple attractions could be added over a set time frame? Thrilling coaster, and then a throwback safari car ride into the forest?

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
I feel the exact same way, just too many things pointing to the thrilling coaster. I understand the family aspect though as well. But I feel like if they expanded the Africa area back there behind Boomerang and connected up with the Prowler dead end, there's opportunities to include additional flats or other family friendly attractions.

Could this be an indicator of an expansion where multiple attractions could be added over a set time frame? Thrilling coaster, and then a throwback safari car ride into the forest?
I like the idea of making Africa essentially one giant loop and connecting the prowler dead end with this new part behind boomerang. That also lines up with permit filings as there is stream disturbance but looking at the site the actually coaster shouldn't really disrupt it unless this ride is way bigger than any of us think

Tpippin23

Roller Poster

As I mentioned before worlds of fun would be a terrific candidate for expansion. They have so much land that is not being used. This isn’t like Knotts berry farm or cedar point where the land is locked now. They have at least 40 acres of grass in front of the patriot, Timberwolf, and mamba.

kc2dc

Roller Poster
As I mentioned before worlds of fun would be a terrific candidate for expansion. They have so much land that is not being used. This isn’t like Knotts berry farm or cedar point where the land is locked now. They have at least 40 acres of grass in front of the patriot, Timberwolf, and mamba.
You would think they would put more stuff in that area since it's so visible from the interstate, but that area doesn't have any trees etc.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
1659992172169.png
Bad news coming from the permitting side of this project. The plans once again were denied for the construction permits due to this stream barrier. One thing to take away from these regarding the attraction is we are looking at a much larger ride than originally thought. They clearly state ride piers will be within the stream buffer zone. All the construction has been taking place a ways away from the stream. also not to mention the markings near the fury of the nile queue

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Just a reminder that the announcement is at NOON on Thursday (Central). There’s no indication that there will be an in park event.

I think we need to vote on the whole theme/name thing. I’m not sold definitely not going to launch myself into believing that’s the best they can come up with. Knowing the PR staff these hints could be throwing you for a loop and there’s honestly an infinit e amount of meanings for each teaser.

See you Thursday for your reactions

TyStyle

Roller Poster
View attachment 19539
Bad news coming from the permitting side of this project. The plans once again were denied for the construction permits due to this stream barrier. One thing to take away from these regarding the attraction is we are looking at a much larger ride than originally thought. They clearly state ride piers will be within the stream buffer zone. All the construction has been taking place a ways away from the stream. also not to mention the markings near the fury of the nile queue
I was curious about those markings as well.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Perhaps not, but it'll be well covered.
Well the local news always reports on new additions. They’re probably doing B-roll and will interview the PR guy and/or park President to air on the noon news. They might even do a teaser during the wake up segments in the morning

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Just throwing this out here, but what if this project is the dueling titan track model from the 2018-2020 IAAPA convention? I watched a video stating that they were trying to sell that model. They did mention somewhere in China, but that sounded like a different model. If they were going to pay homage to the Zambizi Zinger and Orient Express they could have a name for each track plus I think they will pay homage to the Zinger by using its old entry. I noticed the other day when I went to the park there was a huge wooden sign structure that I guess I never noticed before. Last note, if you pay homage to the Orient Express the dueling tracks could interlock at some point like the loops did. Any thoughts or am I just spit balling?