What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

Thrillseekrr

Roller Poster
I was looking up details about that. And it runs 5,604 feet long. That would be cool if that's the length of the ride. Would beat mamba by 4 ft for longest coaster in the park. There's really got to be some hidden facts about this new ride in these teasers😏

TyStyle

Roller Poster
Si
I was looking up details about that. And it runs 5,604 feet long. That would be cool if that's the length of the ride. Would beat mamba by 4 ft for longest coaster in the park. There's really got to be some hidden facts about this new ride in these teasers😏
Such an interesting observation, I'm here for this kind of speculation

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Whenever photos are uploaded to social sites, they're compressed and the metadata is lost. I doubt there's anything there.
If anything their has to be something on the teaser that's leading us toward somewhere, we all know from the first teaser their was gonna be a arrival announcement next Thursday, in the second teaser with the compass we knew that it was pointing southeast referring to the Africa section, and the latest post shows the new Victoria Falls Sticker with the 50 WOF Stickers with the Font/Colors of the Zambezi Zinger's Logo. But if you look in the caption of the post it states that "Building new things is always fun." But also there is a picture of the steamboats/boats that were by/in the original entrance of the park which was in the Americana section of the park. So thing about this and it could be a stretch, they state things in a plural form, meaning that not only is their a new wooden coaster of some type (likely GCI) and basically confirmed if their was supposedly a layout that was leaked for the coaster. But also maybe a new way of transportation like a skyline, monorail, or a new themed entrance?

EDIT: The Park also used to have a tram service that would take you to the main Americana Entrance and would fit more with the theme and would make you feel like you were experiencing a whole new "world" submersing you in the theme of the park. I feel like their will be the new coaster along with a new transportation that pay more homage to the park for the 50th

Last edited:

Thrillseekrr

Roller Poster
Just curious, what records do you guys think this ride could possibly break? I've been keeping in mind that kansas city has became more noticed, with the nfl draft here next year, and the worlds cup in 2026, do yall think cedar fair will Invest in something big that will draw in crowds for seasons to come?

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Just curious, what records do you guys think this ride could possibly break? I've been keeping in mind that kansas city has became more noticed, with the nfl draft here next year, and the worlds cup in 2026, do yall think cedar fair will Invest in something big that will draw in crowds for seasons to come?
This is exactly what I was thinking for Cedar Fair. Also, if you think about it. Cincinnati, Sandusky, Charlotte, and Richmond aren’t any bigger than Kansas City, yet Cedar Fair has invested more into those parks than Worlds of Fun. Also, Worlds of Fun has so much land to be used they could turn that park into one of the best out of the chain. I’m a homer though, a little bias.

Thrillseekrr

Roller Poster
This is exactly what I was thinking for Cedar Fair. Also, if you think about it. Cincinnati, Sandusky, Charlotte, and Richmond aren’t any bigger than Kansas City, yet Cedar Fair has invested more into those parks than Worlds of Fun. Also, Worlds of Fun has so much land to be used they could turn that park into one of the best out of the chain. I’m a homer though, a little bias.
Exactly. So much land around worlds of fun that can be purchased. With multiple cities around worlds of fun they should really invest to make it a top tier cedar fair park

ColtenPennel

Roller Poster
Also another big factor in their investments has to be Adventureland and Lost Island. Iowa is starting to become a big draw especially with more unique rides that they open at those parks (Monster, Relocated Kanonen) with all the large events as well it would just make sense that this will be WOF’s decade for improvements.

jonnyu

Roller Poster
I think simply being the only hybrid in this region could be enough of a selling point. I could definitely be wrong, but it's hard seeing GCI breaking any records.
All of those cities are in between so much that it's easier for those parks to become destinations. KC is unfortunately kind of out on an island, and when they built WOF they were expecting all of the major growth in the city to happen out north and east. It obviously went in the exact opposite direction and it's resulted in the park becoming less popular with the locals. From what I've heard, this 50 year anniversary project is expected to revitalize interest in the park from locals, and then with all that's happening with KC in the near future, draw more interest as a destination park with future expansions. You're totally right that this park has so much potential to become one of the better parks in the chain. It really just needs a couple of premiere coasters and a little TLC.

Last edited:

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
Something I’ve been keeping my eyes on has been the permits. Almost all of them have seen huge updates over the past few days. The biggest update being that almost everything that was originally denied has now been approved by the city. This is great news as it likely means construction can really ramp up here relatively quickly after the announcement

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Looking very forward to next Thursday’s announcement! This has been a long time coming and hopefully it means another decade of great additions to what could be a really good amusement park in the heart of America!

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
I think simply being the only hybrid in this region could be enough of a selling point. I could definitely be wrong, but it's hard seeing GCI breaking any records.

All of those cities are in between so much that it's easier for those parks to become destinations. KC is unfortunately kind of out on an island, and when they built WOF they were expecting all of the major growth in the city to happen out north and east. It obviously went in the exact opposite direction and it's resulted in the park becoming less popular with the locals. From what I've heard, this 50 year anniversary project is expected to revitalize interest in the park from locals, and then with all that's happening with KC in the near future, draw more interest as a destination park with future expansions. You're totally right that this park has so much potential to become one of the better parks in the chain. It really just needs a couple of premiere coasters and a little TLC.
That is very true in regards to where worlds of fun is located in Kansas City. It by no means is in the sexiest place in Kansas City but we also have a beautiful new airport that is out north and hopefully a completely revitalized downtown that is only 10 minutes away from the park. There is so much to actually do in Kansas City that I just don’t think too many people know about but with all of the upcoming events there should be a bigger drawl for the future.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
That is very true in regards to where worlds of fun is located in Kansas City. It by no means is in the sexiest place in Kansas City but we also have a beautiful new airport that is out north and hopefully a completely revitalized downtown that is only 10 minutes away from the park. There is so much to actually do in Kansas City that I just don’t think too many people know about but with all of the upcoming events there should be a bigger drawl for the future.
I’m really hopping this new coaster will be open for the NFL draft in April. The park might do an early opening to match the draft timeline and the new airport