What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I really liked WoF when i visited, yeah it has some crap but it also have enough quality rides to make it a cracking day out.
Wouldn't be adverse to visiting again in a few years (It's a long way from the UK) if they put a couple of decent new creds in. Plus I can't say no to KC BBQ.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I know it is highly unlikely, but a spiral lift would be awesome tbf.
Under normal circumstances I'd say that it's highly unlikely, but word's been strong from the right people, the anti-leaker rhetoric has been rock solid, and I've personally lost some skin in the game digging for information. Seasoned WOF ride ops cutting ties with a 2+ year admin of their server after said admin brings up a specific set of intel is a little overkill, eh?

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
1659470499341.png
we have teaser #2. I am very lost on this one. my only theory is that Africa is SE of KC so that is where the compass is pointing

TyStyle

Roller Poster
yeah, I know. one of my friends pointed out that the area this ride is being built in is the SE corner of the park. probably all this teaser is getting at.
True, but I heard those rumors as well and since there is a ton of space there, I could see a new land fitting. I'm thinking CF won't open their wallet for all that, but I think it's a fun idea to think about 😃

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
Yeah I can’t think of too many who wouldn’t travel for a spiral lift wooden coaster.
I agree a spiral lift is awesome! (though unlikely) but correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t this supposed to be a ground up Titan track and therefore not a wooden coaster? Or a wooden GCI with the new infinity flyers? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

TyStyle

Roller Poster
I agree a spiral lift is awesome! (though unlikely) but correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t this supposed to be a ground up Titan track and therefore not a wooden coaster? Or a wooden GCI with the new infinity flyers? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
No not a dumb question, it's potentially going to be very unique. I think it will be a ground up titan with mostly wooden supports, probably some steel supports like their IAAPA model on maybe the lift (also supporting the launch segments if there is a launch), possibly in some other elements as well, and then steel track throughout the entirety. And then infinity flyers for the forces on the speed, tight turns, and inversions.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Yep, you'd be correct. Steel Titan Track on a wood structure would be a hybrid coaster by definition. But since it's a wood structure, that's likely why it's permitted as "wood coaster".

Swoosh

Mega Poster
True, but I heard those rumors as well and since there is a ton of space there, I could see a new land fitting. I'm thinking CF won't open their wallet for all that, but I think it's a fun idea to think about 😃
If it’s a new land it’ll be a subdivision of Africa. I guess they could pull a KD and have a X-Pedition area inside of Africa

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
WOF.PNG
New Teaser today, love seeing all the throwback construction images as well as the new stickers with the 50th anniversary logo.
Edit: the pic of the loops is Loch ness monster

Last edited: