What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I am really starting to lean into the belief this is a new area/country along with the coaster. The park has never added a new country and the tweet says after 50 years we are getting excited for a new adventure. I could be reading into this too much but it seems as though they are excited to add a new country after 50 years.
Actually I’ve heard word of a rumor about this from an employee, basically that a new section with the new coaster could be added, apparently it could be maybe an Egypt theme area, and if I’m not stupid I’m like 99% sure that Fury of the Nile which is right by where the coaster is gonna be is somewhat themed to Egyptians.

Also the the project case on compass kc has three plans listed for it including the wooden coaster (likely the titan track) and a new commercial building(s). So this might be a very real possibility!

Also once I am home i will be checking trademarks that Cedar Fair has recently got too see if I can find the name for the coaster!

Attachments

• 1D1DA674-2CB1-4C75-AF77-95ABD2DBD599.png
    1D1DA674-2CB1-4C75-AF77-95ABD2DBD599.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 8249E1EC-39DD-4E03-9A68-3D46346C6D43.png
    8249E1EC-39DD-4E03-9A68-3D46346C6D43.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 47

ColtenPennel

Roller Poster
Actually I’ve heard word of a rumor about this from an employee, basically that a new section with the new coaster could be added, apparently it could be maybe an Egypt theme area, and if I’m not stupid I’m like 99% sure that Fury of the Nile which is right by where the coaster is gonna be is somewhat themed to Egyptians.

Also the the project case on compass kc has three plans listed for it including the wooden coaster (likely the titan track) and a new commercial building(s). So this might be a very real possibility!

Also once I am home i will be checking trademarks that Cedar Fair has recently got too see if I can find the name for the coaster!
I could honestly see an Australian themed “world” that’s a major land they don’t have covered

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I could honestly see an Australian themed “world” that’s a major land they don’t have covered
The park is themed to “Around the World in 80 Days”. The areas that they travel to in that book are already present. Besides this is literally in the middle of the Africa section. They’re not going to carve out the very middle for a new land with Africa on both sides of it

ColtenPennel

Roller Poster
The park is themed to “Around the World in 80 Days”. The areas that they travel to in that book are already present. Besides this is literally in the middle of the Africa section. They’re not going to carve out the very middle for a new land with Africa on both sides of it
I continue to forget that. I feel like that storyline needs a stronger footprint on the park.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Cedar Fair didn't keep up with the theming very well once they bought the park. They installed an Australia themed coaster in Africa and put Mamba off in the corner with no theming right next to a Coasters Drive-In 🤨

You think that Boomerangs are only found in Australia? Mamba is in the “Cedar Point” themed section of the park. 😉

Those (Mamba & Coasters) were added when the chain didn’t understand what a theme park was (same thing happened at KBF). All recent additions have been better themed

Last edited:

Thrillseekrr

Roller Poster
Does anyone know if the ride manufacturer is responsible for doing the footers and other ground work, or does cedar fair usually go through their own construction workers?😏 I saw gci said they're going to be on site next month starting to build the ground up titan, but I noticed dollywood has more land clearing, so I'm really hoping it's coming to worlds of fun and not them..😏

Last edited:

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
Does anyone know if the ride manufacturer is responsible for doing the footers and other ground work, or does cedar fair usually go through their own construction workers?😏 I saw gci said their going to be on site next month starting to build the ground up titan, but I noticed dollywood has more land clearing, so I'm really hoping it's coming to worlds of fun and not them..😏
No need to worry about Dollywood, ride was leaked months ago to be a multi launch steel family coaster by vekoma more than likely

Indy

Hyper Poster
Does anyone know if the ride manufacturer is responsible for doing the footers and other ground work, or does cedar fair usually go through their own construction workers?
Gonna get a bit nerdy here, but typically the ride manufacturer specifies reactions (forces) at the ground level and hires a separate engineer to design the foundation (footers) for those reactions. Another company is then hired to actually make the foundation on site. Regardless of who (park or manufacturer) is responsible for getting the foundation installed, it is in the ride manufacturer’s best interest to have somebody on site to monitor the foundation installation and ensure that the anchors/footers are in the right spot.

cocoa

Mega Poster
I mean, I'm sure things like boomerangs were used in other places, but the term 'boomerang' does specifically refer to the Australian one lol. u seem cool tho

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Having yet to voice my opinion on the potential GCI Titan Track. I would just like to say that they will not get it wrong, it’s GCI, they have built some amazing attractions over the past 10 years with Goldstriker, Mystic Timbers, Python In Bamboo Forest, the list goes on, and having been on the majority of their attractions it is clear to me that steel track will only add to the amazing rides they create. Plus if Worlds Of Fun do go for the Titan Track it will hopefully be a ride bigger than we all might expect but also a better ride than we all expect. So, I hope Cedar Fair have got it right by buying one of these, I was originally thinking it could be a ground up RMC but this rumour of the GCI makes me more excited about the future of Worlds Of Fun.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
i dont understand why they would theme a park to going round the world in 80 days when you could do it so much quicker??
are you supposed to spend 80 days at the park? ?