Woodies

How do you like your wooden coasters?

• Smaller and Rough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bigger and Smooth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Neither option?

A woodie should be exciting and make you feel like you're going to die at some point. However, it should be a relatively painless death promised. Not a Saw kind of torture to the end. More a tumble off a cliff kind of death - hurty, but so fast and fun you don't really notice the pain.

El Toro is just that bit too controlled to make you fear for your life enough, but it's still superb - a bit too steel ;)

Boulder Dash, Megafobia, Thundercoaster (before retrack) and the Nash of old all managed it. The Nash is now too painful and the fun has left because of it.

The only reason I like smooth and big woodies (that's wat she said) is because of the experiences I have had on the rough ones. 5 words, Son of Beast-Texas Giant That's all I have to say on that subject

Monkeyonatable said:
I like my woodies to be a tad rough, for that "out of control felling," but I cant stand woodies to be so rough that you can feel the whole structure shake and move. For example, Thunderhead, or Bolder Dash are perfect wooden coasters, because they are a tad rough so you get that feeling of being out of control, but yet the layouts are so forcefully that they deliver satisfaction that just cant be matched.

That is what I like, Tonerre De Zues at PA , the whole ride moves when it braks.

Personally, I enjoy both kinds, although obviously there's a only a certain amount of roughness that I find acceptable compared with the payoff. I tend to be a more tolerant of roughness in airtime coasters than twisters.

zcl said:
You really love Boulder dash..
He loves it almost as much as he loves hating on MF. If Snoo were a band, "I love Boulder Dash" would be the B-side to his hit (but radio overplayed) single, "Anyone who loves MF is a stupid retard newb fanboy."

monkeyonatable: true 'dat re: GASM (fun to say, btw). On the plus side, GA Cyclone's airtime has only gotten more ridiculously amazing. Rough? Oh yeah. Definitely. It's very much worth it, though.

Ahhh, but Boulder Dash is actually well worth the hype. It's my number 1 coaster by a very large margin, not just a little bit in there, but very easily there.

Okay, I love wood, but Boulder Dash is the best of the best (I've been on so far, but I think it will be hard for any coaster to manage the speed, airtime, length and re-ridable comfort Boulder Dash offers).

While MF has lots of opposing views, Boulder Dash is pretty much a universal "YES!" :)

The Grape Wizard said:
Can we have big and rough? Something like Gwazi. Yeah go on it twice in a row and you fell on the edge of losing your head but its still fun.

Agreed. But I haven't been on a big woodie other than Gwazi, which isn't really that big but theres something fun about be thrown around everywhere :)

The best woodies in my book are, in this order:

1. The right side of Le Monstre: SFLR

2. El Toro: SFGA

3. The left side of Le Monstre: SFLR

Also, the worst woodie ever to me (because of its exceeding roughness) was Hurler: King's Dominion.