Which is best?

• Wood

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Steel

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Snoo

The Legend
Both are good.. but #1, #2, #5, #6, #9, and #10 happen to be wood in my Top 10.. so I do have an affinity for the tree made affairs. ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^But surely that would suggest that Steel is better, on average? :p

Colossus

Giga Poster
Steel at the moment for me as there`s only 1 woodie in my top 10, but if you ask me again next year that could be different as I have some serious tree on my 2012 planner.

Kebab

Giga Poster
This is really difficult! I don't know!?

Woodie's tend to be more fun and air-time packed, however steel coasters seem more dynaminc and modern... :?

I choose steel, because it can do what a woodie does, plus so much more.

Error

Strata Poster
Steel Dominates my top ten, so I have to say that. I can add that wood is an experience on it's own and can be surprisingly smooth.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've only ridden one wooden coaster that I would rate as very good (Megafobia). If I get out of the country a bit more, then I might rank woodies a lot higher, but for now, steel.

Six of my top ten are wooden: Voyage, El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Beast, Phoenix, and Prowler. The first three are actually my top three so yah, it's pretty obvious I prefer wooden coasters!

Jake

Strata Poster
Neither, it's all about the Papier-mâché <3.

at70cao005ip99huma0lkj.jpg

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Wood or Steel

I searched and didn't find a topic on this yet so I thought I'd start one

Wood or Steel. Which kind of coaster do you prefer?

I personally like steel as I get nauseous fairly easy and the smooth rides help me stay puke free :)

Darren B

Giga Poster
Re: Wood or Steel

Steel.

That's purely down to the fact that I haven't ridden enough wooden coasters to say otherwise, however, I can see my preference narrowing itself down a bit once I've got a few good woodies under my belt.

oryp

Roller Poster
Re: Wood or Steel

Im going to have to go with steel on this one. I do love a good wooden coaster, such as Phoenix (Knoebles) and Lightning Racer (HP), but as owenrita said, there is just so much more freedom with design on a steel coaster.