What's new

Windseeker for PBB?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Take this with a huge pinch of salt but I've heard a rumour that PBB is getting a 300ft Windseeker.

At least what the fish-and-chip shop worker described sounded like a Windseeker or a Starflyer. They have the land available so I can't see why not?

If they were able to get permission to build the Big one and Ice blast then height can't be too much of an issue either. But this rumour has come from the greatest source of all time!

Chip shop workers are, of course, famous for their access to high-level theme park design meetings.

You better hope its not true. Probably one of the lamest rides I've been on and they tried to hype it up so much
-_-

They're certainly good if there's something inside or outside the park that's neat to look at while 300 ft high and spinning in a circle.

Yea on paper they sound great but they cost alot and the ones that Cedar Fair bought for its parks had major maintenance issues. Not to mention that if it's too windy they can't run. Its pretty much a kiddie swing ride thats 300ft in the air. They only look pretty ;)

If wind's as big an issue with these things as we've been led to believe, then this is an incredibly stupid idea for Blackpool.

That is of course assuming that the fish and chip guy was paying proper attention at the board of directors meeting.

It's true that they've got something BIG coming, I've heard it's gonna be either next year or even the year later. Windseeker isn't it.

They also can't have it anymore than 250ft? (I think) due to the local airport, they're not allowed higher, hence one of the reasons "The Even Bigger One" didn't happen. That's what I've been told from a reliable source at the park, not a **** Chippy Worker.

Lofty said:
It's true that they've got something BIG coming, I've heard it's gonna be either next year or even the year later. Windseeker isn't it.

I hope they don't knock down something good to build whatever this new thing might be. I'm still bitter about them dumping the fantastic log flume for Infusion. Hopefully they'll remove/renovate Space Invader or Trauma Towers soon.

No, they're not removing anything else for this ride, all as I have been told is that it's one of the main reasonings as to why Bling has also been removed (along with the reliability). It's meant to be being built on the old TT site, Log Flume site (the back end near Big One's drop and the entrance possibly where Bling used to be. Wether this is true or not is a different thing.

We can rule out a coaster though, yeah?

Not necessarily, I've been told that it's gonna be "BIG", I asked "Tall?", "Not necessarily". So, yeah, it might be a coaster, or could be some JUGE swing type ride, or something.

I'm not believing too much into this but it is just a rumour I heard and posted it.This section is "News and Rumours anyway.

Now that the Tower is being properly revamped and (presumably) attracting more visitors, surely that's the "really tall thing in Blackpool" angle covered? Be mad to build an inferior high attraction further along the prom (especially as even the Tower gets closed in high winds).

It does get stupidly windy on the Open-air deck of the tower I managed to get up on the final up lift last time I went up the tower and I could hardly stand up when walking side to side.

I think we can rule out a Windseeker, purely due to the huge problems they've had in parks far less windy than Blackpool.

The coming development sounds very interesting though. Eurofighter?

Robbie said:
Now that the Tower is being properly revamped and (presumably) attracting more visitors, surely that's the "really tall thing in Blackpool" angle covered? Be mad to build an inferior high attraction further along the prom (especially as even the Tower gets closed in high winds).
Not necessarily (basing this comment on it being a 'stupid idea to build an inferior high attraction'), a Windseeker is FAR different to the Tower, they actually don't compare whatsoever, apart from it being tall, that's it, but then you could ask say about the Big One...

I heard rumours one time, a while ago, soon as Blue Fire was opened that the team behind PB development were interested in chatting to Mack about something similar. Again, this is a rumour.

^ Well, they ended up getting that Mack Splash Party or whatever they're called not so long ago, so it could have been that.