What's new

Wimbledon 2013

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yes ladies and gentlemen! That time of year is nearly upon us once again! Discuss here who you want to win matches, who you think will win matches, how the players played and other things that happen at the most prestigious tennis event in the ATP calendar!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Djokovic has the easiest draw. Fancy a sleeper might come through on his side, Tsonga's been unlucky because if he avoided his half of the draw he had a chance of another semi.

Murray's possible run is Tsonga, Nadal/Federer and Djokovic. Can't see it. Gutted Nadal is 5th seed because Ferrer is not even remotely close to threatening the top four and it's robbed us of two stunning semi finals as nobody is even close to the level of the top four.

Novak favourite. Then Murray.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
caffeine_demon said:
I think it might be Henman's year! ;)

Oh you ;)

my early prediction is we will see a Nadal Murray semi, Nadal will win and Djokovic will beat him in the final

PREDICTION UPDATE:

Murray will beat Federer in the semis after losing the 1st set. Murray will go on to win after beating Djokovic in the final in a 5 set epic, 1st set Murray, 2nd Djokovic, 3rd Murray, 4th Djokovic and 5th Murray.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jordanovichy said:
things that happen at the most prestigious tennis event in the ATP calendar!
Is it really? Or do we just think that cus it happens to be in England?

As with most sports, I'll have a passing interest but won't put myself out to watch it. Tennis is the ponciest of most poncy sports imo.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I can't be particularly arsed with it either. I actually prefer the women's games as they don't drag on all day.

It's infinitely better and more of a real sport than that pub game where people hit coloured balls around a table though.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ian said:
Jordanovichy said:
things that happen at the most prestigious tennis event in the ATP calendar!
Is it really? Or do we just think that cus it happens to be in England?

It is renowned as being the most prestigious. I think we can all agree that we have to choose from on of the Grand Slams and it is generally heard that the one competition they all want to win is Wimbledon.

British Baltacha is currently playing Italian Pennetta. Pennetta won the first set and has already broken Baltacha so I think we all know where this is going... :/

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Sorry but this deserves a double post.

Rafael Nadal is OUT of the Wimbledon Championships 2013. Think I will need to rethink my predictions which I shall update later.

Murray is currently two sets and a break and a game up on the third.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I really don't want to get carried away because I always get let down when I do. But I really do think Murray Djokovic is odds on for the final.

I also fancy Federer will fall before the semi's. I hope so anyway, Djokovic has a relatively easy run whereas Tsonga Federer will pose big problems for Murray if he gets through. Still. Optimistic.

Nadal's seeding next year will be interesting. 2nd round and 1st round loss along with no other grass court games.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I saw the first set with Djokovic today and he is, as predicted, in outstanding form.

Watched most of the Robson match too. Glad she pushed the number 10 seed out of the competition!

Idlewild

Mega Poster
Wikipedia is referring to today's events as "black Wednesday" due to the large number of retirements and shock defeats.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It was certainly unexpected. Made Murray's route to the final much easier but there are still stumbling blocks, metaphorically and literally.

Fancy Djokovic to face a test at some point too, Berdych and Del Potro could be dangerous.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Went today, the retirements meant many court changes. But I got to see the Federer game and Sharapova again so I was more than happy.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Can't believe Federer is out but I am relieved and I was watching live on centre court!

I also got to see Sharapova get knocked out on Wednesday and saw Djokovic's last set yesterday.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, so I've ended up watching all of Murry's matches this year. I'm some sort of fair weather supporter. Of coruse, when he wins, I'll be making out that I've loved tennis since the day I was born and I've always watched it and get annoyed by plastic fans wanting to join with the euphoria of success.

It's still poncy though.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I watched today's match.

Set one was lost. I was disappointed. Set two was lost I was scared and worried, I thought that was it. Set three was won, I started to think there was hope. Set four was won, they were back level pegging, I thought Murray has a real chance. The fifth set was finally won. I was absolutely euphoric.

Casio

Mega Poster
I've only just found this thread, glad to see there are other tennis fans on CF :) I'm expecting a Djokovic win, but Del Potro played one of the best matches I've ever seen him play against Ferrer; provided his knee is in decent shape that could be a very good match. I don't think Janowicz will beat Murray, he's decent but I think he needs more time to mature. The obvious Djokovic d. Murray prediction from me (I predicted Nadal to win the whole tournament beforehand so I'm not doing well so far)

Smithy

Strata Poster
Both semi's will be brilliant tbh. Del Potro will stand and trade but Djokovic can return almost anything. If Del Potro's leg holds up it'll be a long one.

Fancy Murray will lose tomorrow. Janowicz's serve has been monstrous all tournament and he thrives on the big stage.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I am ready and waiting for both semis. Djokovic to win his, Murray to win his. Can not wait for Sunday's final. I have booked time off work and everything XD