What's new

Wild Mouse at Blackpool Removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
No way the logical thing to do is remove the pmbo, grand national or Big Dipper. Why just stop at the mouse, remove the lot and turn the place into flats or a shopping centre as that worked out well at Southport.

Tbh I like the mouse and it hardly takes up any space when you look at the over head shots. Not much can go in there unless its a flat ride or they need the space for footers or something like that.

Yes I get out has to be removed for new but there are other things that can go instead.

I cannot help but agree with Gavin, it's probably cost related.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The thing that really, really makes me rage about Blackpool at the moment is the Bling site.

Firstly, what was wrong with Bling? I never went on it, but it clearly always had a pretty lengthy queue. It was one of very few true thrill rides at the Pleasure Beach and suited the target audience.

Assuming they removed it for a legit reason... Why haven't they replaced it with another flat ride? Why?

And why have they positioned a couple of pot plants in the space left? "No one will notice, just... put a potted plant there."

A22jgu_CEAE362B.jpg:large

Just, what the actual hell?

If they haven't used that site, there's no way they will use the hole left by Mouse.

Nic

Strata Poster
^Because the pot plants make a nice change from fountains. Also, they are some awesome pot plants. :p

Colossus

Giga Poster
Joey said:
If they haven't used that site, there's no way they will use the hole left by Mouse.

I agree, if this is true, I would say it would be due to cost. I could actually see this just being SBNO for a year or two before being pulled down.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
If Thorpe Park quotes " Nation's Thrill Capital" then the "Wild Mouse" would fit perfectly into the park as it is one of the most intense compact coasters worldwide with its 90 degree corners.

Love to see "X:NWO" get razed & the pyramid building used properly.

nadroJ

CF Legend
sparky2u said:
If Thorpe Park quotes " Nation's Thrill Capital" then the "Wild Mouse" would fit perfectly into the park as it is one of the most intense compact coasters worldwide with its 90 degree corners.

Love to see "X:NWO" get razed & the pyramid building used properly.

What the bloody hell are you waffling on about?

STC

Mega Poster
Apparently (according to a moderator on PBE) the decision to remove the Mouse was made, but has been reversed, and instead they're going to refurbish it with a new block braking system to improve the throughput. :D

Disclosure: I was the one who sent the original rumour (which sounds like it was actually true, for a time) to Screamscape, after hearing about it from a source close to the park. :)

STC

Mega Poster
Tom G said:
So you trust this PBE person more than your "senior source"?

It's a moderator on PBE, the official Pleasure Beach fansite, so I expect them to be reasonably 'in the know'.

And actually, the PBE person confirmed that my source was correct. He confirmed that they were planning on removing the ride, but have since reversed that decision. If this is correct, so was my original information. :)

T0M

Hyper Poster
STC said:
It's a moderator on PBE, the official Pleasure Beach fansite, so I expect them to be reasonably 'in the know'.

I guess that's where you and I differ.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Things change. STC said he believes it was going to be removed and believes the decision has since been changed.

That's perfectly logical.

Hope its true.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
STC said:
they're going to refurbish it with a new block braking system to improve the throughput.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on Pleasure Beach operations, as I've only been a handful of times, but it seems to me that the only real throughput issue is because of the cars. It's a maximum of two people at a time - quite often just one - but the cars get dispatched pretty quickly after each other.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Apparently the ride has had some issues this year, which have resulted in it only being able to run with 4 cars, so I'd imagine anywork taking place would be to bring it back to its normal capacity.

Smithy

Strata Poster
May even find that the news was 'leaked' to gauge the response of those who heard it. Although it's been such a small number of people who've actually commented on the rumours that it's unlikely, and just a case of hearsay and rumours.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nah, Smithy. They know full well only enthusiasts and locals who care for history would show any care, and neither groups actually matter when it comes to their business. It would be lovely if we lived in a romantic world where such things matter, but at the end of the day it's money that matters. If Mouse is loosing money, then it's worth getting rid of. Though I'd argue that if they keep removing their classics, eventually the Pleasure Beach will simply turn into crap theme park, instead of a unique amusement park. (Which it arguably already is to most people...?)

Also...

gavin said:
STC said:
they're going to refurbish it with a new block braking system to improve the throughput.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on Pleasure Beach operations, as I've only been a handful of times, but it seems to me that the only real throughput issue is because of the lack of **** given.
Fixed that for you, Gavin.

spicy

Giga Poster
Joey said:
Though I'd argue that if they keep removing their classics, eventually the Pleasure Beach will simply turn into crap theme park, instead of a unique amusement park. (Which it arguably already is to most people...?)

Bingo.

If they remove the wild mouse that will already put a huge dent in the uniqueness of the park and no doubt there will be further removals as none of these rides are getting younger and I guess maintenance costs are increasing every year.

I fear if mouse does get removed it could be the start of others to make way too (steeplechase etc.)

Pleased to hear that they may have decided against removing it though!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Pleased to hear that they may have decided against removing it though!

I'm loving how there is basically NOTHING to back up that it was up for removal in the first place, but already we're pleased to hear that they've reversed their decision and are now going to keep it. Or are they?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, you'll not be so pleased when you hear the rumour that they're adding Reverchon spinning cars to the track... The rumour I just started... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.