What's new

Wiener Prater | Maskerade | Gerstlauer spinning coaster

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Re: Wiener Prater | Unknown | Gerstlauer spinning coaster

I love how RCDB had it listed over a year ago, removed it, and as now once again relisted it. <3

TilenB

Strata Poster

The construction is already well underway. Among others, the elevator lift has already been erected.

324402d1418602103-2015-neuheit-spinning-coaster-gerstlauer-wiener-prater-osterreich-10430432_829438373787521_1534133640198684397_n.jpg

324400d1418602102-2015-neuheit-spinning-coaster-gerstlauer-wiener-prater-osterreich-11368_829438347120857_9137667126809313830_n.jpg

source: http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/coas ... reich.html

peep

CF Legend

Ooo, custom layout including an elevator. Paint me intrigued. Look forward to seeing more. Looks like I might try to fit in a trip to Weiner Prater next year.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Unless that last image is misleading, it doesn't look like it's going to be very tall.

S

SimonSays99

Well as the coaster has a costum layout I hope for something like Tornado at Bakken. Coasterwise a real improvement for Prater.

Having visited three years ago I loved the ferris wheel, the Hochschaubahn and the FunTime rides. Aside from these the area lacks signature rides while it has a fun rafting by abc, a lapbar-only Boomerang and the Vekoma MK-750 Megablitz that nearly feels like a Schwarzkopf JetStar. It would be great if the showmen would agree to built one big signature coaster someday - but guess that will never happen... :?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

I love how this place has 3 spinning coasters for no actual reason <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

SimonSays99 said:
Having visited three years ago I loved the ferris wheel, the Hochschaubahn and the FunTime rides. Aside from these the area lacks signature rides while it has a fun rafting by abc, a lapbar-only Boomerang and the Vekoma MK-750 Megablitz that nearly feels like a Schwarzkopf JetStar. It would be great if the showmen would agree to built one big signature coaster someday - but guess that will never happen...

That was my take on the place. The Boomerang is easily the best one I've done (not saying much) purely down to the lapbar, and I really liked the Vekoma, but there are no real standout coasters, despite there being quite a lot of them. I guess if they're all individually owned, then forking out a crapload of money for a signature ride isn't really an option though. I really liked Wiener Prater for the overall atmosphere though, especially at night, and the flat ride selection is excellent. It's just too expensive to be able to actually ride that much after you've got the coasters out of the way. Also, how many ghost trains does one park need?

TilenB

Strata Poster

The coaster will be called Maskerade and it doesn't seem to be far off from being ready to run. In other news, Funtime Skyfall has arrived (the 80m tall drop tower) and some of the coasters (Boomerang, Super 8erbahn and Dizzy Mouse) got repainted during the off-season.

http://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=74913&start=25

TilenB

Strata Poster
Seems like I'm the only one around here that actually cares about this one, but I'm going to mention that the coaster is already open from 1st of May on. Here are some of the pictures from coasterfriends.

352952d1431218242-2015-neuheit-spinning-coaster-gerstlauer-wiener-prater-osterreich-img_2936.jpg

352953d1431218249-2015-neuheit-spinning-coaster-gerstlauer-wiener-prater-osterreich-img_2937.jpg

352954d1431218251-2015-neuheit-spinning-coaster-gerstlauer-wiener-prater-osterreich-img_2938.jpg

352955d1431218254-2015-neuheit-spinning-coaster-gerstlauer-wiener-prater-osterreich-img_2939.jpg

I guess we can also expect some more insight on the ride in near future, since I've heard of quite a few cf members heading to Vienna in May. :)

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Oh good, I'm glad this will be open for my visit in TWO WEEKS <3

That means the park will have 11 creds. Apart from Europa Park (and BPB if you count all the extra tracks), I think this park has the most creds in Europe :)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
It is open. I rode it the other day when my band played in Vienna. Got stuck on the brake run for 15 mins. The floors of the cars still have bubble wrap on!

I'll write a more detailed opinion in my trip report when I get back home. But it's a pretty rubbish coaster.