What's new

Why haven't we seen another Intamin Prefab wooden coaster?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Re: Why haven't we seen another Intamin Prefab wooden coaste

Obviously reliable isn't that high on park's lists of requirements, or Intamin would have been out of a job a while back.

jolash

Mega Poster

I don't think those three are good choices. If something is reliable, that sort of insinuates that it's also easy to maintain, and vice versa.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Do the prefabs really have reliability issues? They don't really seem to be any worse than most coasters for down time. Maybe lift cable issues where most woodies have a tradition chain makes them a bit less reliable, but I doubt by much.

I think for the prefabs, it's really a cost thing, but we have no proof of that other than GG and GCI are building left right and centre and Intamin aren't. That suggests the Intamin product sells at a premium. Why pay more for your wooden coaster?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Intamin must now also face competition in the market with RMC offering a similar wooden coaster experience. It's hard to beat the relatively cheap price tag of $10 million for Outlaw Run.

Cost prohibativeness is the arguable leading factor for the lack of Intamin prefabs. As the saying goes, "follow the money."