What's new

Why do people mock Disney?

alexdude98

Mega Poster
I came back from Florida about two weeks ago thinking about my amazing trip and was watching a Family Guy episode where Stewie & Peter go to Disney World at the end. They mocked "it's a small world". I casted my mind back to various points in my life where people have mocked Disney. Loads of times.

But why do people mock Disney? Have they never been? My mum who hated Disney before we went loved it afterwards & I heard some tourists saying "This is amazing!" etc various times across Magic Kingdom.

Ben

CF Legend
People mock it because it's vast and popular and therefore nearly everyone will "get" the joke. See: almost all humour ever done.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
bob_3_ said:
Because Disney is so sugarry, so much so in fact...it's quite sinister.

This. I find it sickly sweet. Don't get me wrong, I love the immersive world the theme park creates but I really don't appreciate the films or fanboyish.

coastermusic93

Roller Poster
Ben said:
People mock it because it's vast and popular and therefore nearly everyone will "get" the joke. See: almost all humour ever done.
Yeah, Definetely, a lot of people have been there and would get the joke more easily.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Ian said:
bob_3_ said:
Because Disney is so sugarry, so much so in fact...it's quite sinister.

This. I find it sickly sweet. Don't get me wrong, I love the immersive world the theme park creates but I really don't appreciate the films or fanboyish.

even monsters inc???

herbinator

Mega Poster
^Thats is a great film along with toy story! :--D

Loads of people mock disney because it is really easy to take the mickey out of everything there! :lol: (see what I did there with taking the micky, and micky mouse. Genius!)

Waffleman

Mega Poster
What I think that you need to understand is that just because people mock Disney doesn't mean that they think lowly of it. I know for a fact that Matt Groening is a huge Disney fan, but alot of Simpsons episodes make fun of it.