What's new

Who is the most innovative rollercoaster manufacturer?

Who is the most innovative rollercoaster manufacturer?

• Intamin

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • B&M

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Vekoma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mack rides

• S&S Power

• Gerstlauer

• Maurer Söhne

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

OfficialAltonTowers said:
B&M Poineered ... Standup
Nope TOGO was first (1982), then Arrow (1983) and Intamin (1986) before B&M...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Heck, you're even forgetting those Hearts & Diamond flat rides. The spinny one where you get stuck to the walls. Dates well before any stand up coaster.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, saying that pioneered the stand-up coaster is like saying the act of standing itself pioneered the stand-up coaster.

marc

CF Legend
What have Intamin actually invented? I am trying to think.

Launch coaster was done years ago. Airtime coasters done back in the 20's. Ok they went above 400ft thats about it really.

Standup was the guys from B&M and they took that with them when they left, no one even bothers with them now days.

Nic

Strata Poster
First tubular steel tracked coaster (Matterhorn Bobsleds)
First mine train roller coaster (Mine Train at Six Flags Over Texas
First Corkscrew inversion (Corkscrew at Knott's Berry Farm)
First permanent modern suspended roller coaster (The Bat at Kings Island)
First Hypercoaster (Magnum XL 200)
First 4D coaster (X)

Most innovative? Arrow Dynamics

Gazza

Giga Poster
I
m sure if a park asked intamin they would attempt to make a flying coaster
How is it any different from Merlin working with B&M on the Wing Coaster?

They could've just bought Intamins version for Raptor and LC12, but obviously they asked B&M to do something, and they did.

So B&M is less innovative than Intamin just because they don't make launched coasters?

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
^Its close between B&M and Intamin but Intamin edges it because they are prepared to make anything. B&M can be fussy about what they make bacause they don't want to ruin their reputation... you wont get B&M making a coaster like Th13teen

T0M

Hyper Poster
Pleasantly surprised that Intamin are (so far) being recognised above the common misconception of it being B&M.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
^ I decided it was too diffucult to decide once reading expert's :)D) comments so I cancelled my vote by voting B&M on a guest account

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ But, doesn't that make it unfair to the other choices? You need to make/use 8 or 9 more guest accounts to truly cancel your vote. :p

And, Arrow. For Nic's reasons.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
I'd like to say I picked Intamin because it says who "is", not who "was". If it were "was", I'd say Arrow.