What's new

Which row, on a roller coaster, is better?

Which Row?

• Front

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Back

• Other: Please State

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

It's dependent on the ride. While the back (and sometimes middle) usually induce the most extreme g-forces, they can be high enough to be bumpy. Sometimes the front row exerts higher airtime on riders because of trim brakes (like on TTD and KK), but it's usually the back.

Due to variation, I'd have to say middle because it is the only row that balances experiences.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I voted "Other" just because there isn't one good answer. Floorless coasters and inverts really require you to sit up front; otherwise the effect of the ride is lost on you. El Toro on the other hand gives MASSIVE airtime in the back, to the point where you don't even need a seat half the ride, Medusa East has awesome hang time in the back, and Superman SFNE is great no matter where you sit. So it doesn't really have a definite answer. I guess in general I would say the back is better, but that is by no means all-inclusive of every coaster ever.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
For me, it's all visual. When the main reason for riding the coaster is hills, I like seeing the track from the FRONT. When the main reason for riding the coaster is inversions, I like seeing the rest of the train going through the loops from the BACK. Of course, most of the time the MIDDLE has the shortest wait.

Ali

Mega Poster
if it is say.... a B&M invert, for my first ride i would ride at the front purely for the thrill but then i would ride again at the back to get the better airtime. It purely depends on which ride it is.

A

Anonymous

Back row, just seems to be faster. Only time front is good for me overall is if it's raining on inverters, just seems more intense in pouring rain.