What's new

Which merlin owned maurer sohne spinner do you prefer?

Which merlin owned maurer sohne spinner do you prefer?

• Dragons Fury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spinball Whizzer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Going on Dragons Fury and Spinball recently, made me realise how fun spinners are. But which is the best?

I personaly think Dragons Fury is the best due to it's spread out layout, bigger and steeper drop and the curvy bit before the immelmann turn!

Ollie

CF Legend
Fury by far. It's bigger, longer has more fun elements and is just great fun. Spinball is cramped and small and doesn't do anything that interesting.

nealbie

CF Legend
*enter Mauhrer Spinner Fanboy.....* :roll:

They are awesome coasters, and I love them to bits. Dragon's Fury is a better roller coaster than Spinball, and it makes sense for that to be the winner. But Spinball is a lot more fun, and as many people know by now that that's how I rank coasters. Spinball wins. :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
As the spelt it wrong, I can't vote for Dragon's_Furie :(

I used to love Spinball, I always got a good spin on it and it was always fun. However, it got boring very quickly.

Fury, I tend to have very hit and miss rides on it. The great rides are much better than the best Spinball has to offer, but the majority of the rides aren't as good.

After an hours ERT at the last Ghosterforce I went to, I had some brilliant fun on Fury, but like SPinball, I've no great desire to do it again. Anti-fanboy :lol: Both as dull as each other :)

marc

CF Legend
Spinball I have been on twice and simply can not be bothered to queue for it, so that say it all. I do like some of Spinball but it tends to just repeat and offer nothing really.

Fury hmm. We had an hour ERT the other year and I had one good ride out of 10 on it, the spin was fantastic and it was a laugh. But I have never had that again, no other ride has lived up to it so every go is now a let down. I like the 1st drop on Fury and other parts of it.

I prefer Fury but again would not queue for it on a busy day.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I don't rate these spinning coasters at all even Winjas. But I'd give it to Fury as it was slightly better than Spinball and I prefered the layout. Spinball was bloody awful.

marc

CF Legend
I did not think much of Winjas either tbh, Crush is my favorite one of these type and thats only due to again the 1st go we got when we spun like mad. These coasters are just to hit and miss, you can queue for 20 mins and get a good ride and another time 2 hours and it be a waste of time.

Mike

Giga Poster
My first ride on Spinball a few years ago was horrendous.
It's got a bit better since, but I still prefer Fury.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Not been on Fury.

Spinball is fantastic, and although I have only ridden it a couple of times, it is easily the best non-Secret Weapon ride at the park. I lokve Spinners, they are the most fun coasters I know of, and that is on eof the biggest factors in how I rate after whether it has soul and a personality or not. Spinball certainly does, I expect Fury does too. Hard not to when they are so fun. I wont vote because I have not been on Fury, but I expect it to be great when I do go on it in a few years or whenever I get down there.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Spinball really is hit and miss, but still epic in the rain - even with the 3 per car rule :p

Fury is very fun, not as spinney, but certainly much more spread out and fun.

I'd have to say Fury, but not by much...

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well I have only rode Fury about 4 times and that was in the same day whereas I've been on Spinball loads of times on lots of different days. Fury was great from what I remember but Spinball is consistently good for me, even though I wouldn't queue big for it, as I always wait till the afternoon for the queue to go.

But overall I think Dragon's Fury just edges it for me due to the fact it is longer and has a better layout, but they are both very fun I find.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Fury... [/bias]

Spinball just doesn't seem as good as Fury sometimes... And Fury can actually get some of the best spins ever...

Winja's Fear is a much closer runner to Fury than Spinball...

Gazza

Giga Poster
I did like my rides on Dragons Furyl more than Spinball, but I'm not sure if it's really a fair comparison, because I only got two rides on Spinball, with minimal spinning, versus multiple rides on Dragons Fury, with heaps of spinning because cars were going out only part full.

Though, I guess Dragons Fury was the nicer ride overall, it was just plonked on some grass, but rather it wound its way around other structures and through trees, and felt a bit more varied.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
NickkyG said:
They need to make a coaster with a teacups style spinner in it :(

YES! THAT!

About Spinball, I have always spun quite alot on it, although it is level with Rita: Queen Of Speed (Of A Very Slow And Pathetic Country) with least amount of rides I have had one it, but due to queues rather than being less reliable than any other thing ever created.