What's new

Which is the best park in the US?

Which American thrill-park do you personally consider to be the best?

• Six Flags Great Adventure

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Six Flags Magic Mountain

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Cedar Point Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Busch Gardens Europe

• Busch Gardens Africa

• Universal Studios: Isaland's of Adventure

• Total voters

andrus

Giga Poster
I am planning a trip to the USA, maybe this year maybe next year.. But hence it's quite expensive to travel to the states from europe and hence I'm only a poor student I dont have the money to cruise the whole continent! :p

Therefore I'm asking for some advice! I probably only have the opportunity to visit one park, so my question to you is: which park do you find to be the best in the states thrill-wise?

I've included the parks that look best imo in the poll, if you have another personal favourite feel free to vote on "others" and post which is your favourite! :--D

RCF

Strata Poster
Although Busch Europe doesn't have many rides, they're all quite good and the scenery is amazing. In terms of rides, you may want to choose Cedar Point or Magic Mountain, as they all have a good selection of rides, and they both have a lot. SFGA has Ka, and Toro, and Nitro, which are always good, and IOA has DD and Incredible Hulk. So that's a good selection for you to choose from, but if anything I would choose Busch Gardens Williamsburg, or Six lags Magic Mountain.

Rush

Giga Poster
Do Islands of Adventure. It's a fantastic park and it's also got loads of other parks within an hour's drive. Such as Universal, Disney, SeaWorld and Busch.

Disney's really expensive but I think you can get both Universal Parks, Sea World AND Busch Gardens Africa in one flexi-pass.

Busch Gardens Europe, although fantastic isn't very close to much. It's still a good 2 and half hours away from Washington Dulles as well. If you do Great Adventure, you can also check out New York as well so be sure to check that one out too.

andrus

Giga Poster
^That's great news! I had no idea that the Busch parks and Universal collaborated :) if I go to Florida I can do three interesting parks then! (don't bother of Disney, I'm looking for thrills not kiddie coasters and mickey mouse ^^)

Snoo

The Legend
Been to em all and BGE is the best by far. I'd rank them as:

1. BGE
2. IoA
3. CP
4. SFMM
5. BGA
6. SFGAdv

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I would definitely go to Cedar Point. It's an amazing park and one everyone should go to. Best coaster collection on the list, nice park, it'll keep you busy for a couple days and this way if you go to Cedar Point, you won't really be missing out on other parks in the area (for example if you go to SFMM you miss Knott's and Disney, IOA you miss the rest of the Orlando parks etc.)

Brookes

Giga Poster
andrus said:
^That's great news! I had no idea that the Busch parks and Universal collaborated :) if I go to Florida I can do three interesting parks then! (don't bother of Disney, I'm looking for thrills not kiddie coasters and mickey mouse ^^)

This may be your perception but dont forget Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Rollercoaster and Expedition Everest. Out of the ones listed I have only visited Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens Africa, with Busch being my favourite park I have ever visited. The setting is beautiful, the park as a whole is amazing, and the coasters are just fantastic. However, it depends whether you want loads of coasters or a general park experience.

andrus

Giga Poster
UC said:
Go to Florida for the amazing theme parks and experience. If all you're interested in is coasters (which is a damned shame, if that's the case), go to amusement parks. You get more quantity for your dollar.
Well indeed we don't share many opinions! ^^

For sure I do like a well themed amusement park with a nice atmosphere, but I never watch any shows or anything like that.. I ride coasters for the thrill :--D I wanne go as fast and high as possible, be inverted as many times as possible and get the most extreme airtime possible! Then I'm satisfied :) But I do choose quality over quantity! Meaning I would rather ride Dragon Khan once than a Boomerang 50...

That's really why I asked for help. Because if Six Flags really just have rides that break down all the time and lack theming, then it still might would be a better option to visit one of the Busch Parks :) even though Magic Mountain and Great Adventure probably have the largest collection of high thrill coasters! (Maybe CP would count in here too)

andrus

Giga Poster
UC said:
What opinions are you talking about?
I was referring to the "13" topic, and then we disagree again with rides/amusent parks with this:
UC said:
Go to Florida for the amazing theme parks and experience. If all you're interested in is coasters (which is a damned shame, if that's the case), go to amusement parks. You get more quantity for your dollar.
:lol:
And then I explained myself that I for sure do want theming etc, but that I rather go on a big good coaster than watch the shows at the park..

andrus

Giga Poster
^Thanks! Boulder Dash and Bizarro for sure looks awesome and worth the extra travelling! And SF GAdv looks really good :--D El Toro, Nitro and Ka are rides that rank very high on my wish-list!