What's new

Which annual passes do you have/have you had?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
So pretty self explanatory really.

Which annual passes have you got now or used to have? How long have you been a passholder?
Which one(s) would you get if you were local to a certain park or lived in a different area?

Any opinions on them in general on things like perks, value for money etc? Personal experiences?

(I personally have never owned one so far in my enthusiast career as I don't have a super close home park to me and have just never got round to properly considering one really.)

Hmm, lets see.
From 2000 < I've held a Six Flags pass (the first year Riverside became Six Flags New England), now even living in Florida, I still hold a SF pass.
Since 2009 < I've held a Busch/SeaWorld pass
Since it was introduced, I've held a Fun Spot America pass (I believe 2011 was the first year they offered it)
in 2001, 2005, and 2010 I've had a Cedar Fair pass (01 from Cedar Point, 05 from Michigan's Adventure, and 10 from Carowinds)
In 2004 I had a Paramount pass from Carowinds
in 2013 I had a Marineland Canada pass, since it was less money than a 2 day ticket?
in 2010,2011,2012 I had a Universal Studios Florida pass (since I live across the street, really... but I've let it expire)
annddd since 2010, I've worked at Walt Disney World... so I get into all Disney parks but Tokyo (so... WDW, DLR, Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai)

So currently I hold a Six Flags 2016, a SeaWorld Parks 2016, a Fun Spot America 2016, and a Disney pass. (and I'll likely be going back to have a Universal pass)

haha, and I actually had a photo from 2010 of all my at the time active passes.

June 27th, 2010 by CanobieFan

I had one for Lotte World at some point. Maybe 2007 or 2008. Can't remember how much it was now, but was good value from what I remember.

I got Cedar Fair and Six Flags passes for a USA trip back in 2010.

I've currently got a platinum pass for Hong Kong Disneyland which I've now had for about 15 months.

That's it though.

I had a Merlin Annual Pass from about 2005-9ish, and one this last year because my nan got it for me.

I had a Drayton Manor one in like, 2005.

I also had a Six Flags and Cedar Fair one last year, and randomly had a Universal Studios Singapore one in 2014 because it was cheaper than a two day ticket.

I think that's it?

I've had a MAP from 2009-2015, a DLP pass for 2013, SF pass for 2012 and 2014, a Plopsa pass for 2015...think that's it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a Merlin anal pass every year since 2003. I always say I won't renew, but I always do.

During my trips to the USA, I've bought Cedar Fair and Six Flags passes on a couple of occasions.

One year I bought a Flamingoland pass because I was visiting twice in a year and it made sense too.

Never had any others.

I have had an Adventure Island one since 2013 imo it's great value for money and I can use it for discounts vet closed season in 3 shells sands and feelgoods. As well as that I can get into the inside park for free in the winter.

I have had a Merlin Annual Pass since 2014. I started off my first year as Standard and then decided to move up to Premium to get the perks included and not having any problems getting into places on certain days.

I've had a Merlin/Tussauds Pass since 2003, but this is the first year I won't be renewing it.

I've had Six Flags and Cedar Fair passes on USA trips in 2007 and last year, and I had a Plopsa Pass for the last couple of years.

24307123922_b36f3e3a06.jpg

CedarFair & SixFlags in 2003, SixFlags in 04,05,07,09,10,14,15 - thats it (never had any "local" pass though)

Don't use any "perks" - only used for admission on road trips, SixFlags has the odd discount on tat and such like (last years pass got me $20 off the fright fest premium add-on thing at SFMM as well).

If you are going to >1 SixFlags park in a year then a pass is just a no-brainer. It used to be you could even buy "out-of-market" passes for SixFlags (if you were not a local to the park you were buying it at) and they were silly-cheap (couple of the above passes I got that way) but they don't appear to do that any more.

Also, the SixFlags passes have got a little duller now they just have a nondescript bar-code on them rather than a "flattering" image. :(

I've had a Merlin / Tussauds Annual Pass since I (or my mum) had to pay for me I guess. I'd have probably hit the 1m mark in 1997 or 1998, so would have needed an AP since then. Don't know when Tussauds first introduced their multi-park pass though?

Merlin anal pass Ian???
Do you have to pay extra for one of those?
I usually have a Blackpool Pleasure Beach pass every year,
for the last decade or so,
this year is a Merlin pass,
just for a change.
I used to use the half price speedypass at Blackpool on peak days as it was very good value,
but this year it has been reduced to 10%.
Looking forward to short queues at Alton Towers this year,
and 20% off beer.

It's weird that some are such good value that they work out cheaper than two days at a park! Not bad!

I think if I was local I'd get the Blackpool or Busch/SW ones for sure. Probably a few others depending on location. As I visit lots of zoos too I would certainly get one of those if a larger one with lots of good events was near me too as they are always pretty cheap/good value (and great for photography)!
The Merlin one would probably be the most realistic one for me and could be good but not sure I'd go enough times to make £120 (sale price, certainly not £170!) worthwhile. I suppose they do individual park ones as well. I just don't go enough obviously haha. Maybe then I'd get to more cf lives lol.

Did all of you go enough to your local parks to warrant passes anyway or did you make the effort to go more once you had the passes?

Silver Arrow,
I used my Blackpool pass about weekly last year,
each visit for a couple of hours or so,
so each visit cost about 2 quid,
or about 40p a ride.
Handy living 20 minutes away.
My Merlin pass this year means Towers monthly,
plus the other ones once each over the year hopefully,
with a few visits to Blackpool Tower while my wife does the shops.

Six Flags and/or Cedar Fair multiple times throughout the years, mostly for large park trips. I've also had just Cedar Point passes as well as Cedar Point/Geauga Lake and Cedar Point/Kings Island passes when those combos existed.

I had a UK Merlin Pass from 2011 until 2014 but haven't bothered since as I don't go to UK Merlin that much anymore.

I did get a German Merlin Pass last year though as I did quite a bit in Germany last year which expires in April.

I've had Six Flags, Cedar Fair and Busch Gardens/SeaWorld season passes since 2008. I've had a Universal Orlando season pass since 2009 and a WDW season pass since 2013. I also had a 2012 Hersheypark season pass for Skyrush as well as a 2013 Merlin season pass for my trip across Europe.

Merlin Annual Pass from 2005 till, 2013-2014? During that time it became a thing for lots of CF members to just randomly turn up at one of the parks so we'd go almost weekly in the first few years. Obviously going so much made that extremely excellent value for money. Especially with all the food and merch discounts thrown on top.

I've had 2 or 3 Six Flags annual passes because they're ridiculously cheap and tend to be the same cost as 2/3 days at one of their parks so on a road trip with about 5 of their parks it's yet again amazing value.

Last year I had a Plopsa pass for the first time. Made sure I used it for maximum effect and made a visit to most places on the pass or that had special discounts (made for some ridiculous cred runs).

I've had a Disneyland Paris annual pass from about 2007, they're the cost of about 3 or 4 days and my first trip was silly and lasted about that long so with food and merch discount on top it made it extremely good value. I think the year after I didn't renew but then became a regular from the 2009 season onwards. One excellent feature is that if you renew before it runs out you get an additional 6 months.

I had a German merlin annual pass too for a year and made the most out of that, including the free entry into Gardaland.

I think that's all of the passes I've had so far. Nearly got an Efteling one because, like the Plopsa pass, has a lot of park entry discounts for Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and France. For me it's all about trying to find the best option for tickets on my trips and it's surprising how often an annual pass of some kind works out to be the best option.

I've had CF and SF passes on and off for past 10+ years, mostly on. Just reupped my DLR pass for the next year. Small upgrade but it's worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk