What's new

Where Does Your Merlin Pass Come From...

How do you Pay?

• I save up and pay for it in cash from my own money.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My parents or other person buy it for me.

• I shop a lot at Tesco and use my own Clubcard points.

• My family/other shop at Tesco at let me use the Clubcard points.

• I use nectar points

• Staff Pass

• Other (Please Tell Us What...)

• Total voters

Mark

Strata Poster
Hot subject at the moment what with all the discussion about Annual Passes and additional charges et al.

So where does your annual pass come from....? IE How do you pay?

Do you just save up for it and pay for it from your hard earned wages?
Do your parents give it to you as a Birthday or Chrimbo gift... or even better, just simply because you want one?
Do you have your OWN clubcard which you do your own shopping and therefore use the points to purchase the pass (effectively for free)?
Do your parents shop at tesco and let you use the points?
Nectar points?
Are you a lucky and still work for the company and therefore have a staff pass
Anything else?

I purchased mine myself, however, I used my £150 birthday money to do so. My mum doesn't shop enough at Tesco to get it on the vouchers. She gets about £5 in vouchers over the year now.

Parents buy them. Obviously this year they were free on Merlin, but normaly it would be some sort of Tesco points thing.

If I get one its normally using Tesco points, but did not bother this year as I new I would not be going much.

I use my mums Tesco points, in fact I have never paid for my pass and have always used the Tesco points :--D

I buy mine with my own money.
A.) I would feel quite guilty my mum or dad forking out 150 quid for me and
B.) Im the 1 in my family thats the themepark lover, so I think its only fair I purchase it with my own dosh.

First pass I bought with Tesco clubcard but this year we didn't have enough points for it this time. I just paid the £100 renewal price and my Dad didn't get his. I did a week of overtime at work and decided a pass was what I was going to spend it on.

For the last couple of years, I've stolen Joey's Clubcard points and paid him the cash equivalent (about £40).

Yay for cheapness.

All four family_furie passes are paid for by Tesco Clubcard vouchers. As are several of our yearly theme park trips! Hurray for knowing how to get lots of Clubcard points when we shop at Asda :lol:

The Nectar points one is bollocks - you have to spend something along the lines of £7,000 to get one!

I just renew mine. For the last few years I've thought about not bothering but I always do. Damn you, CoasterForce.