What's new

When you thought Ryanair were getting bad...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
There is a airline which has a even worse charge! Spirit Airlines, another low cost airline, have introduced charging for hand baggage to COME ON THE PLANE WITH YOU!

So whats the price for this? A massive $45!!!! (£29.13/€33,02) Yeah, fair enough the low cost airlines want to charge you to put a bag in the hold, but this is getting silly! What do you make of this ludicrous charge?

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new ... 44160.html

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mushroom said:
What do you make of this ludicrous charge?

I reckon Ryanair are rubbing their hands in glee and preparing to do the same.

I heard of this a while back, and all I really have to say is, as if traveling isn't expensive enough! They're going to lose business though, I guarantee it.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
I was about to post that Rush, and I think they will enforce it, that's the kind of airline they are. Funny that Boeing tried to refuse their request. But one less toilet for six extra seats, that is going a bit far Ryanair.

Rush

Giga Poster
^The thing is, Ryanair already have the absolute maximum number of seats allowed for their aircraft (189 I believe) and the aircraft is not designed for the extra seats. I'm pretty sure it's a breach against rights to HAVE to pay to use the toilet in that confined space, 30,000ft in the air.

So I guess that leaves people to piss in the cabin area. (Which could mean Ryanair would save money by not having to re-paint the cabin interior so often. :wink: )

Slash

Giga Poster
Well I personally think....

You are going on a BUDGET airline. Its CHEAP. It shouldn't come with everything that normal airlines come with.

But, I imagine, if you had diarrheoa, that'd really take the piss......

:D