• Fork Right, Knife Left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fork Left, Knife Right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wabbit42

Mega Poster
... which hand do you use for each?

Myself, I use my right hand for the fork.

I don't know why. I just do.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I use my right hand for the fork. I always get told off for doing so, but it just makes sense as I'm right handed and thus do everything with my right hand.

However, when I need to cut something, I change them over - basically, I just use my right hand for both cutlery instruments.

walker1104

Mega Poster
Fork in the left, knife in the right. Unless its something which doesn't require a knife, in which case I'll just use my right hand.

Mike

Giga Poster
Fork with the right hand, knife with the left.
It's supposedly the wrong way round, but oh well!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Fork in left, knife in the right.

The proper way. :p

Fork in the left, knife in the right, but it's often clumsy because my left hand is like, not my good hand and such, and I suck at cutting food in general :p .

+1

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Yeah, the fork in the left hand is the 'proper way', but I agree with Ciall that I am right handed, so it just comes naturally that way and it makes sense.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I have mine the right way round (fork left).

Is it something to do with being left handed that some people do the opposite?

Martyn

Giga Poster
I'm left handed and the fork goes in the left hand.

You right-handers, what hand do you use if you're only using a fork? Because I still use my left.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I use my right hand if I've only got a fork.

Ben

CF Legend
I have fork in the right, knife in the left, and I am right-handed.

I use my right if I only have a fork, however.

And my right for spooning.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm right-handed, so fork left - knife right. No knife, then fork right.
+1

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's not a matter of consistency. It's much easier for us right-handers to cut with the right than the left, so I have to give you props for being able to cut with your right hand.

Snoo

The Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
I'm right-handed, so fork left - knife right. No knife, then fork right.
+1

Kinda opposite for me.. I always use my right hand for my fork. My left hand isn't very talented.. in any aspect of my life.. so I don't trust it with much. :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
The fork is meant to go in your left hand no matter if you're left or right handed.
I always have my knife in my right hand as I use it for cutting food. I think when I was really young I had my fork in my right hand but I was told it was wrong and now when I go back to doing it it feels weird. :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Proper eating is taught over here in the States that you should never eat with the fork in your left hand, but you should always cut with the knife in your right hand & fork in your left. So after cutting you should put the knife & fork down, then pick up the fork with your right hand to bring the food to your mouth. :roll:
My dad & stepmother used to always get mad at me for eating the "European way". :x

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn said:
I'm left handed and the fork goes in the left hand.

You right-handers, what hand do you use if you're only using a fork? Because I still use my left.

You left handers, when you're cutting bread with just knife, which hand do you use? Your right?

I'm fork right hand, knife left hand. Using a fork only right hand. Knife only? Well, if I'm cutting the left hand side left, right hand side right (say carving up a chicken/turkey). I'm only consistent with what the situation calls for, hurrah for being ambidextrous!