What's new

Whats your favourite ride music?

PLCP

Mega Poster
WDW's Space Mountain. The tunnel music fits so perfectly.

Come to think of it, anything at any Disney park fits perfect.

Rush

Giga Poster
^ Primeval Whirl?

Anyways, best music for me is probably The Flume at Alton. It's rather jazzy and makes me happy. :)

Honorable mentions go to California Screamin', Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Calypso (IoA), Colossus, Tomb Blaster and Duel.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I like the Nemmy music, but most stuff in the UK tends to wash over me, probably from overfamiliarity.

Black Mamba, and pretty much everything else at Phantasialand, has fantastic music which enhances the ride experience. Really stood out for me (wish they sold it!).

And the cheesy dance music on the lift spiral of Euro Mir is funky :p.

Ollie

CF Legend
Slayed said:
Black Mamba, and pretty much everything else at Phantasialand, has fantastic music which enhances the ride experience. Really stood out for me (wish they sold it!).

And the cheesy dance music on the lift spiral of Euro Mir is funky :p.
Agreed Phantasialand had awesome music.
If you want some from Phantasialand and Europa Slayed then catch me on MSN and I'll send you some to you. :)

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
I don't have a specific favourite music, but I like any disco-rave type music that's usually played at travelling fair. Especially when it's dark the beat with the lights gets me excited!

Kebab

Giga Poster
-lofty- said:
Baco FTW!

I love Baco's ride music lol!

I forgot about that :p Probably the most strangest ride music I've ever heard to fit in with the most strangest theme I've ever seen.

That ride cracks me up. Bloody monkeys :lol:

Rob

Mega Poster
Well several pieces stand out, Alton can have credit for the Flume and Hex, but my favourites have to be:
FN07+08 Rush Loading
FN06 Rush Loop
FN07+08 Slammer Ride
FN08 Stealth Platform
FN07 Colossus area
FN07 Entrance theme 1 (when played on the bridge)

A

Anonymous

Either Kingda Ka's (if they play it), or Space Mountain's (WDW). They perfectly complement each other's theme so well!

Crow

Mega Poster
I think its quite apt that the best ride ever also has the best peice of ride music too. This ride is 'Hex The Legend Of The Towers' at Alton Towers!

It's theme is an orchestral masterpeice and when combined with the enchanting tale and the excellent themeing, it creates one amazing experience!

I also feel 'Colossus' at Thorpe Park has very atomospheric music.

Crow

Mega Poster
The Duel and Tomb Blaster music is quite good. Its not particularly impressive but its damn catchy. I cant stop humming them after riding.
Detonator also has the same annoying effect. :evil:

Steven

Giga Poster
None. To be honest they are all mostly good in there own ways. They are there to improve the rides feel and about 90% do when there is any. So I cannot complain.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The Nemesis music just has something about it. It captures all the things in the backstory so well, the anger, agression, sadness and tradgedy, it's so magnificently composed.
The Oblivion music is the similar, it captures what the ride is about. I love the way there are numerous versions of it with different lengths, and that each one has it's own version of the video syncronised to it. It works well with what the ride is about and it's theme, especially the part where the video says Worlds...First...Verticle...Drop...Roller...Coaster...Oblivion.
Air again is similar in the way it captures the meaning of the ride.

Slash

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
The Nemesis music just has something about it.

What like the guy who on frequent intervals shouts "NEMESIS! Experience the Beast!" (or whatever he says, I usually talk over it because his voice annoys me)