What's new

What's your favourite inversion?

coaster_mad

Roller Poster
Immelmanns, zero-g rolls and cobra rolls

For a specific coaster however, I do love Montu's batwing and Nemesis' zero-g roll. Shmexy :wink:

Jer

Strata Poster
I find it hard to believe that only 2 people mentioned Storm Runner's flying snake dive, that inversion is a gold mine of negative gs and easily my favorite, over the norwegian Loop, even over the pretzel loop.

Snoo

The Legend
That's because there are better inversions.. lol

While the FSD is pretty good, possibly better then the other two you named.. Montu's Batwing just anal rapes it in terms of epicness. With no lube either. :p

CMonster

Giga Poster
I forget if I mentioned this or not, but Hulk's 0-G roll is really fun...

Still not better than that epic batwing, though. :p

Maverix

Mega Poster
Jer said:
I find it hard to believe that only 2 people mentioned Storm Runner's flying snake dive, that inversion is a gold mine of negative gs and easily my favorite, over the norwegian Loop, even over the pretzel loop.
Adding to this, I think the whole inversion sequence of that ride is absolutely amazing. From the positive g's of the dive loop to the negatives of the FSD, it's just pure epicness.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Raptor's Cobra Roll. 60% of the time, it works every time.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I love dive loops on floor-less coasters, especially Bizarro and Batman: The Dark Knight. Dive loops are twisted and loopy... They are just amazing.

Jodabomb24

Roller Poster
Ooh, there are just so many to choose from! There's no way I could possibly rate these, so in no particular order:
Slow-mo roll on Hydra: Dorney Park
Hugely overbanked turn/Dive Loop on Cobra: La Ronde
Lie-to-fly/Vertical loop on Batwing: SFA
FSD on Storm Runner: Hersheypark
Norwegian loop on Farenheit: Hersheypark
Giant Cobra roll-type-thing on Joker's Jinx: SFA
High-speed Loop on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster: Disney World
and, for the novelty of it:
Interlocking loops (only ones in the world!) on Loch Ness Monster: BGE

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
favorite inversions

Pretzel Loop on Superman Ultimate Flight (SFGAdv)
Zero-g-roll on Batman (SFNE)
Dive Loop on Bizarro (SFGAdv)

A101

Mega Poster
Pretzel loops are quite fun, but I really enjoy riding any inverted corkscrew or "twist"

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
This one:

405734318CLWJrh_fs.jpg

Definitely my favorite...

humblewumble

Roller Poster
Cobra Roll. I have rode many roller coasters than I want to, but the Cobra Roll I experienced was the Mind Eraser @ Six Flags New England when I was 13 :D.

Everyone's talking about the Zero-G so I want to try that :)