What's new

What's new at Chessington for 2011?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Were you near me at the end of the Vampire day when I was chatting to the park staff?

I've been told that 2012 will see a few finishing touches but 2013 will be a "big year." So yes, start looking for planning applications in early 2012!

jokerman

Giga Poster
I wondered what it was in those fields when I was there the other day. It did just look like piles of old rides etc. This was further along though, closer to Wanymaya.

peep

CF Legend
Haha, just to stop silly speculation, the 'construction' behind Wild Asia is just some new plumbing or something along those lines being installed, nothing too exciting.

217490_10150532159100360_529160359_17886787_5517796_n.jpg

Next to Wanyama just seems to be a new dumping ground for building materials from previous construction projects. There is also some metal objects which look like they use to form part of the shelter for the old stage in market square.

You may also spot the old ride and theming dumping ground at the bottom of the field opposite Land of the Dragons which has a gate near Vampire. It used to store the old Vampire cars (which I think have all gone now) plus random parts of the Action Man attraction and other bits and bobs.

If you see those three sites there is nothing to get excited by. As Ian and Nic have mentioned, we have at least a year till we get excited by anything.

Oh and another little update for this season, I noticed the signage on the annual pass day but they've just opened up the shutter. In Forbidden Kingdom there is a new show area for African Drumming. Doesn't seem to be any indication of when shows will be on or when it'll even be starting but I'm looking forward to it. The entertainment department at Chessington are fantastic and any new show is good in my books.

sawalive

Roller Poster
Peep ''Oh and another little update for this season, I noticed the signage on the annual pass day but they've just opened up the shutter. In Forbidden Kingdom there is a new show area for African Drumming. Doesn't seem to be any indication of when shows will be on or when it'll even be starting but I'm looking forward to it. The entertainment department at Chessington are fantastic and any new show is good in my books.''

I must confirm that, plus right across from the show area they were selling traditional drums that fit with the show area, so they must have plans for a show soon!

Its a shame there is nothing going on with that area, next to wild asia!