What's new

What was your first coaster to feature airtime?

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Goliath at Walibi Holland was also my first big ejector camelback. Even today the first hill feels more powerful than many coasters I've ridden since! Writing that makes me want to go back to the Netherlands immediately... :p

Gotta sign on that one. Goliath is a great rollercoaster and serves proof that height isn't everything. I wish European parks would get more Mega Lites instead of weird Gerstlauer spike coasters.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Do kiddy coasters count? If we're talking true, bona fide out of your seat goodness, then SheiKra would be it. After I got over my fear of coasters on Kumba, my next visit to Busch Gardens Tampa let me conquer Montu and SheiKra both in the same day. By the way this was when I used to have Busch Gardens Tampa as my homepark, which I am thankfully visiting in April after nearly 4 years of not coming back!

myself

Roller Poster
My first coaster with airtime was Thunderhead.
my first coaster built for airtime was the Steel Eel

Alex B

Mega Poster
A lesser known one called el toro that surprised the **** outa me when I went ****ing flying that now ranks In my top 5

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Early to mid 90s Grand National had me out of me seat. I can’t remember it having the same restraints it does now, as they did nothing. But I guess it must have, and I was just super skinny. (I was.)

Dar

Hyper Poster
Early to mid 90s Grand National had me out of me seat. I can’t remember it having the same restraints it does now, as they did nothing. But I guess it must have, and I was just super skinny. (I was.)
Before the fire it didn't have seat dividers and it was a single lapbar across both seats, so there was a lot more room to get flung around!

I can't remember well enough if it was Grand National or Rollercoaster at Blackpool that was my first airtime, but it was definitely one of them :D

Gazza

Giga Poster
I mean technically the wooden mouse at the Adelaide show was my first cred and has a bit of lift on those dips and hills at the end.

But first decent sustained airtime? Superman Escape at Movie World.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
The first ride that had airtime would probably be Demon at Six Flags Great America. It doesn't have too much airtime but that drop is pretty damn powerful. I'm actually of the opinion that it's quite a bit stronger than Raging Bull's drop, although I do think Raging Bull's drop is better.