What's new

What was your first coaster to feature a launch?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
My first launched ride was Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island. I love the LIM launch right into a upwards spiral.

Simon

Roller Poster
Freischütz, Bayern Park
It's basically the first ever proper rollercoaster I've been on. It's a very short ride and the launch is pretty gentle (1G), but it pulls some crazy G-Force (up to 4.3G) every now and then in some narrow and banked curves that are almost passed with the rollercoasters' high speed.

Will

Strata Poster
Rita.
Followed by Velocity.

Consequently, I had a healthy dislike of launched coasters for at least the next 4 seasons.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I reckon it was probably something like Rock n Rollercoaster in Orlando? I remember my dad telling me it was a simulator to get me into the queue and then realising I'd be had. I loved it though!

It opened in '99 and I visited in 2000 so would've been 9 years old when I rode it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMilkshake

Roller Poster
Space Mountain or Rock N' Roller coaster at DLP. Can't remember which one I went on first but RnR took me by surprise I remember that.

jay37415

Mega Poster
You guys are so young with all these comments... I'm going to show my age.. LOL

Laser Loop , Kennywood

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Psyké Underground (Walibi Belgium), when it was known as Turbine then. I believe it was also my first Schwarzkopf. The launch felt powerful and so did the looping! Too bad they switched for a fairly lacklustre LIM system since :(