What's new

What UK parks do you have a specific desire to revisit regularly regardless of new major draws?

What UK parks do you have a specific desire to revisit regularly regardless of new major draws?

• Legoland Windsor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flamingo Land

• Oakwood Theme Park

• Fantasy Island

• Adventure Island

• Pleasurewood Hills

• Dreamland Margate

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Here in the UK, we have a wide smorgasbord of different theme parks, distributed up and down the country. From the major Merlin parks like Alton Towers and Thorpe Park to the smaller independent players like Paultons Park and Flamingo Land, there’s a lot of choice in the UK. But for some parks, you might only be tempted to revisit them when they have a new major draw, whereas for others, you might have a specific desire to revisit them even in the absence of any new major draws. With this in mind, I’d be interested to know; what UK parks do you have specific desire to revisit regularly regardless of any new major draws? What parks keep you wanting to come back regardless of investments?

I’ll get the ball rolling with my answer.

Personally, the two UK parks that keep me wanting to come back regularly regardless of investments are Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. I love the rides on offer at both parks, and I just really enjoy the overall product they offer! I’ll always try my best to go to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park at least once annually, as I do really enjoy the offerings at both!

Blackpool Pleasure Beach would also be in that list if it was closer to home, but it’s almost 200 miles from where I live and requires a much greater time investment to travel to and from than Towers and Thorpe, so I don’t think visiting annually is as feasible. I should really get back there at some point, though… I haven’t been in 5 years!

With regard to some of the others; I’m not saying they aren’t fun days out, but I don’t feel as much specific desire to revisit them regularly for a variety of reasons. With Paultons Park, to offer an example, I had a very fun day there, and for what it is, it’s an immensely pleasant experience, but what it is isn’t really targeted at my demographic (21 year old men who often visit solo are not Paultons’ top target group…).

But I’d be keen to know; what UK parks do you have a specific desire to revisit regularly regardless of new major draws? What UK parks keep you wanting to come back regardless of what new things they put in? Do any keep you wanting to come back regardless of new major draws?

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Blackpool for me, like the freedom and ease that comes with being able to arrive at anytime, not particularly need to run around a huge park, have plenty of beers along the way and stay a little longer than most other parks, though that last point doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I also am hard pushed to find 3 rides I collectively enjoy more than the 3 wooden coaster on offer there, I could quite easily spend the day doing multiple laps on each of them.

Ollie

CF Legend
Always happy to go back to Towers even if there's nothing new. Been so many times that I'm happy to just relax and soak up the atmosphere rather than rush around trying to get a high ride count.
Blackpool is also usually a good day out with the right group of people.

owenstreet7

Roller Poster
My main one is Thorpe Park although this is because of locality, the vast variety of rides and it being some of the most thrilling in the UK

Chessington, Drayton and Paultons also have a good variety but are more aimed towards families so wouldn't visit as often. Paultons from 2026 onwards does look like an exciting prospect though 🤩

Blackpool is very far away but is fantastic when I visit. I'd say it is almost as thrilling as Thorpe Park with it's rides.

The one park I don't have as much desire to visit regularly is Alton Towers and is possibly an unpopular opinion. The main reasons is connectivity and the ride line up being heavily coasters.

The things that would give me incentive to visit more regularly would be something like Chiapas at Phantasialand somewhere in the park and a shuttle bus from Stoke or Uttoxeter that runs every 30 minutes or so like with Thorpe Park. A few flat rides wouldn't hurt either 😅

Graeme

Roller Poster
It's mainly to do with geography, but Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and Clacton Pier. I can't remember the last time I actually bought a wristband at Great Yarmouth, but there was a time I couldn't pass through Norfolk without a couple of goes on the coaster.

Clacton Pier, on the other hand, I couldn't count how many times I've been there. I've probably been visiting since the late-1970s, so it's absolutely steeped in my personal history. Stepping on the planks, I can visualise old rides and attractions that used to be there. It's always worth taking in the sea air, and the funfair aspect of it has had a bit of a renaissance lately, so it will hopefully go from strength to strength.