What's new

What style do you have/follow.

CMonster

Giga Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
I generally wear clothes that I buy at a store. Usually that includes shoes, socks, underwear, pants & a shirt. Sometimes I wear a jacket.
When it's cold outside I wear layers & when it's hot I wear less. When I go swimming I only wear trunks (+ lots of suntan lotion) & when I go to bed I wear nothing.
I guess that covers it. Do you like my style?

Man, that's pretty extreme. I don't think I could go outside dressed like you. :wink:

Oh, and, I either wear athletic shoes of some kind or flip flops for shoes.

Mike

Giga Poster
Near the end of last year, I took the daring decision of buying my first ever pairs of jeans, and they cost lots of money and are blue.
With these jeans, I also normally wear a polo shirt or a t-shirt, which are a different colour depending on which one I decide to wear. This, however, may change to one of those shirts where the buttons go all the way down to the bottom, but I don't know the name to, if I decide to go out to somewhere fancy or a club of the nightly variety.
My hair is made of keratin, and shampoo gets added with some water to it most days nowadays.
I wear white socks, and own a pair of black Lacoste trainers (I REALLY need to buy a proper pair of shoes someday).
I currently own a pair of D&G glasses, quite similar to these.
Tattoos are silly.
I'm not a woman or on television, so I don't wear make-up.
When I play Cricket, all my clothes are white, apart from my green club hat.

So, yeah, my style could probably be summed up as "plain".

A

Anonymous

Everyone has there individual style's and things. So May I ask what is the problem that people have with the mega minority that really stand out. Like me and servella. Just because we choose to wear our ears n tails in public. Some may thick its attention seeking others that its dumn but I am asking what is the problem with standing way out from the crowd.

(You see worse in Blackpool and in most of the gay clubs/bars)

This is an adult question to all members

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It is attention seeking. It's a way of saying "I belong to this subclass of people" and I don't care what you think.

You see it with punks, goths, rockers, chavs, etc. They do it because it means that they can fit in with each other to retain a shared identity and be one of the crowd, only also stand out as being individual. It's the greatest paradox ever that "individuals" have to work so hard to match and suit everyone else in their sub-class to fit in.

Anyway, you asked:
"So May I ask what is the problem that people have with the mega minority that really stand out. Like me and servella. Just because we choose to wear our ears n tails in public"

Well, if you look at a punk, a rocker, a biker or a chav and think "they look like twats" - that's fine. However, if they get the impression you're thinking that, you know they're likely to beat the **** out of you. Most often these sub-classes are used as a front for people who are very insecure and use their appearance as a "warning" to others to leave them alone. Think poison arrow frogs in the wild "I look like this and it makes me potentially dangerous".

However, if you see somebody wearing ears and a tail and you think "you look like a twat", you're also able to say it, because the chances of anyone who thinks that dressing as a teddy bear is a great way of self-expression is unlikely to be dangerous in any way shape or form (unless they're lurking in the toy department of the local co-op waiting for kids to stroke their fur ;) ).

So, people have a problem with it because... they can! You can't have an open problem with most people because you're either going to be physically in trouble, or mentally (goths for example tend to be very intelligent - so if you insult them, they'll just quote some exceptionally witty Byron at you you'll never understand and they'll make you look dumb (it's okay, they're soft as **** and you can beat them up for being smug intellectuals ;) )).

So yeah, most people are either very secure in their appearance, or secure in the aura of confidence their appearance projects. People in ears and tails project none of this - so it means that people can take issue with it much easier :)

You did ask!

It's attention seeking, Kitsune, but it's not necessarily bad, just sort of weird. You do it KNOWING you're going to get attention, and much of that will be negative attention, so don't whine and moan when you get it, because it's something, with a little common sense, you should have seen coming. Good for you if you want to dress like that, but don't expect everyone to think it's awesome. Same with piercings and stuff, they're obviously more common than tails, but I got them knowing people either would or wouldn't like them, yah it makes me mad when people say I look retarded or talk crap, but at the end of the day it was my choice, and I can accept the mixed opinions because I look how I want to look.

Dave

CF Legend
The human race is nothing more than a stand alone complex full of copycats and fakes.

This quote of yours annoys me, as you say the human race is copycats? Your a furrie, your copying a lifestyle that other people do. Plus pretending to be something your not is being fake?

I am who I am, can generalise if you want as we all do.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I wear what I wear and dress/do my hair and make-up a bit dark/gothy because it makes me feel sexy, not because I want to fit in with a certain scene ;]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
I wear what I wear and dress/do my hair and make-up a bit dark/gothy because it makes me feel sexy, not because I want to fit in with a certain scene ;]

But would it make you feel sexy if your tastes were mostly "The Carpenters" and "Rom Coms" (because you love seeing girls in pink getting the man of her dreams)?

Your tastes dictate the way your image makes you feel. It's just another expression. I'm not saying it's a deliberate attempt to fit in with certain people, but you still fit within that kind of "sub-class" just by nature. It may not be a conscious or deliberate "attempt to fit in", but it's still a similar thing.

Plus, some people are born to lead, others to follow (there always has to be somebody to try and emulate, but who are they) - I don't see you as much of a follower Jordan... :)

Your tastes dictate the way your image makes you feel. It's just another expression. I'm not saying it's a deliberate attempt to fit in with certain people, but you still fit within that kind of "sub-class" just by nature. It may not be a conscious or deliberate "attempt to fit in", but it's still a similar thing.

Everyone, no matter how unique you look, will always fit in with a sub-class of some kind, whether, like you said, it's purposeful or not. I think piercings are sexy, I get them because I want them and think they look nice, but even though I get them for this purpose, people will still class me as a punk or whatever. Same with Jordan, you think your black hair is sexy, you like dark makeup, you're gonna fit into the goth/punk class even though you may not have had that intention.

No one will ever be 100% unique, obviously some sub-classes are more rare than others, but there will always be others who dress like you.

A

Anonymous

Dave said:
The human race is nothing more than a stand alone complex full of copycats and fakes.

This quote of yours annoys me, as you say the human race is copycats? Your a furrie, your copying a lifestyle that other people do. Plus pretending to be something your not is being fake?

I am who I am, can generalise if you want as we all do.

Have you never seen Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex ?

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I wear comfortable clothes...

Basically, jeans, t-shirts etc... I'll shop wherever I can get something I like for the cheapest price.

Does this make me normal?

Daniel Bill Kent

Mega Poster
I've got my own style, but alot of my clothes are worn by 80s casuals or TV/Movie stars, here's what I mean.

Sergio Tacchini - Bex, The Firm (2010)
Stone Island - Football Factory
Adidas - Various.
Lyle & Scott - Cook, SKINS.

You catch my drift. I'm really into my designer gear, always have been, but I suppose I would class myself as a casual look.