What's new

What style do you have/follow.

A

Anonymous

Where do you think/feel you stand on the line that segregates everyone into there own style/fashion group.

What style or trend do you follow.

Do you really bother to copy a stars look.

Or do you have your own style and you stick two fingers up at fashion.

I dress in a sort of emo-Gothic style but its mainly my own version just trying to look evil/dark and Vampiric.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm me. I wear things which I think I look okay (I wouldn't say good) on me.

I am more compelled to wear particular types of clothing and particular fashions - but I don't have "an image" I want to display, or a category I want to fit into. As long as I don't look a dog's dinner and I'm wearing something practical enough for what I'm doing - sod it.

That doesn't mena I don't care about my appearance, it means I probably care more. I won't wear something "just because it's what I should wear". I only wear it if it suits me.

You'll find most people are also the same and are actually quite determined to do what THEY want, rather than be pigeon holed by a minority of society who seem to give more of a stuff about things like this than everyone (and usually complain about the fact they're always pigeon holed and stereotyped ;) ).

jayjay

Giga Poster
I don't have style, I don't categorise my clothes choice into a style. I wear what I feel comfortable in, which is usually a jumper, T shirt and jeans (or baggy trousers).

I don't like the whole thing about categorising people into styles, because that's when you start to get generalisations, prejudice and hate. I still do it, mainly because everybody else does. If you see someone wearing a hoodie, jogging bottoms and Asda jewellery, you think CHAV and automatically assume they're a bad person and you don't like them. Same goes with a lot of other "groups." Somebody could be a really nice guy, but you'll never know that because first impressions rule out any good thoughts.

nealbie

CF Legend
Chav or Goth? Generalisation much? :p

I aspire to one day win this, I came 4th once

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqkdcT25ss[/youtube]

<3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What a crap topic.

I'm nearer the chav side than goth side.

But I'm me.

Imo, there are two kinds of people in this world - those that pay thier own way and ****ing scumbags.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I don't follow fashion either, I just wear whatever I like and clothes that are comfortable :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
I guess I'm quite dark, but far from goth, the only things I do that are a bit gothy are the make-up and hair. Where clothes are concerned I like to think I'm quite normal, I like to look a bit alternative but not to the extreme.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
Imo, there are two kinds of people in this world - those that pay thier own way and ****ing scumbags.

Don't you also find that those people who don't pay their own way are those who seem to have the time and money to be "extreme" in their appearance?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
Hey, I buy all my own hair dye and spray ;]

Students (with course fees now) pay their own way in the end :)

Though they certainly do like to moan about lack of money whilst buying new clothes, music, laptops, etc, etc, etc with their grant/loans ;)

It's good that things haven't changed on that front :D

nadroJ

CF Legend
'Tis is a grand life to lead =]

Speaking of university, it is, I have found, quite a melting pot of different styles. Like some styles I thought were pretty much dead and gone are still found thriving in the student community - things like hippies and goths that wear frilly shirts etc. I like it =]

Lain

Giga Poster
I look at pictures of the most famous people evar, and try to dress and act exactly like them.

A

Anonymous

I did have a really gay moment with my fashion stuff in college. Spending £500 on clothes though I still do spend around £170 if I am in a gay shopping mood.

Officers Club Cyberdog SuperDry and some of the odd places in afflecks.

Ben

CF Legend
^Aren't you on the dole and in some house paid for by the government?

In which case, I just threw up.

A

Anonymous

Yes I am but there is such a thing as savings and inheritance you know dear.

But most of the money is from my parents for birthdays xmas and other such things.

Snoo

The Legend
Sad things the human race does for its family.. the fakes.

As for me, if I'm any stereotype, it would be a 'jock'.. where in I could careless what the hell I wear. Most of the time, its just pants and a school t-shirt. Yay for me.