What's new

What should Cedar Point do with mean streak

What should Cedar Point do

• Keep it as is but rebuild the track with new materials.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call RMC and iron horse it.

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Scrap it and build a completely new Woodie

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

TJH

Roller Poster
With Cedar Point trying to improve its coaster collection there is one ride that seems to stick out like a sore thumb, and that ride is
Mean streak. So my question is what should they do with it?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
What should they do? RMC conversion.

What will they do for the foreseeable future? Continue maintaining the ride in its current state.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
If they had to do something to it I would say RMC.

Unlike most people I actually like Mean Streak. I had a great fun aggressive ride on it. I would say its a similar ride to Excalibur at Funtown Splashtown USA or Twister at Knoebels. I liked it much more then Blue Streak.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
If they do anything besides leave it as is, it will be an RMC. I think some sort of true woodie would also be cool, doesn't matter if GCI or GG.

Edward M

Strata Poster
What SHOULD they do? Iron Horse it. Add a good 20 or 30 feet and call it "the tallest and fastest hybrid roller coaster in the world". They could also make an RMC Woodie and make it "the tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster in the world". However, like Hyde said, they will probably do nothing.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It is true that RMC are the hottest manufacturers out there. Anything they touch turns to gold. However, before we know it, all mediocre coasters will be RMCd and wooden coasters as we know them will be consigned to the dustbin.

GuyWithAStick got this one right.
GuyWithAStick said:
Kill it with fire.

Snoo

The Legend
The 2 or 3 times I've ridden it when the trims on the first drop didn't catch (cold most likely as it was during Halloweekends), it showed me how it SHOULD ride.. smooth, fast, throwing you around in a good way and not boring.

Trimmed? Kill it with fire.

TJH

Roller Poster
Hey yo anyone seen this? Just a fan video but it had alot of people thinking

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbJF3ZxPRQ[/youtube]