What's new

What Rides Would You Like to See at a New UK Theme Park?

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster
Just out of interest, if a new park were to built what kind of rides would you like to see. It seems that lots of parks these days all have the same types of rides i.e. spinning coasters, top spins, drop towers etc.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
More dark rides. There was a huge number of dark rides built in the uk in the 80's, but since the early 90's there have been practically none. It should be time for a revival.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Wooden coaster :--D

I would normally say mega coaster + >300ft drop tower, but since you specifically said a new park, it ain't gonna happen.

Then again a decent wooden coaster is looking just about as bloody unlikely, i'm moving to Germany/Holland/USA/China/anywhere esle in the world that see's sense in building a GCI/GG/Intamin prefab.

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster
I'm liking the ideas so far. Personally I would love to see more dark rides, wood coasters and thrill rides that are'nt very common at other parks. I don't see why parks don't build more dark rides; they're suitable for all ages and all weather conditions. I don't think we'll get a wooden coaster either becuase British land is not suitable :(

Frank

Roller Poster
I'd quite like a fourth dimension coaster somewhere in the UK so I wouldn't have to travel to America/Japan to decide that it's horrible and not for me.

Other than that, I'd agree with the dark ride thing. I'd love a modern ghost train that's as creepy as the (Disney) Tower of Terror mid-ride show.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved to Polls & Opinions, feels more at home there.

Lofty

CF Legend
Dark Rides, definitely.

Maybe some new larger sized coasters, that are primarily aimed at airtime. Something like an Intamin Mega, that would be fantastic. Even a Skyrush (meaning the new cars), would be fantastic for the UK.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'd love to see a Wooden Coaster at DMP, possibly over Excalibur, but over the lake replacing the Buffalo Coaster would be great.

Then a Hyper and/or Mega-lite at Thorpe.

Windseeker ride at Blackpool too would go down a treat as well.

I also think that LWV need "something big" and perhaps a second wooden coaster at Oakwood?

Then there's one of those little wooden things on the old Corkscrew site at Flamingoland, mustn't forget about that.

I'm just off to the pasty shop at each of these parks for confirmation now ;)

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster
Loving the ideas so far! I'd love a 4th diemension coaster as I have not yet been on one yeat; mainly becuase you have to travel a long one to ride one. As for dark rides, you would have thought that with todays technology, there would be new dark rides filled with special effects to terrify us!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
furie said:
I'd love to see a Wooden Coaster at DMP, possibly over Excalibur, but over the lake replacing the Buffalo Coaster would be great.

Then a Hyper and/or Mega-lite at Thorpe.

Windseeker ride at Blackpool too would go down a treat as well.

I also think that LWV need "something big" and perhaps a second wooden coaster at Oakwood?

Then there's one of those little wooden things on the old Corkscrew site at Flamingoland, mustn't forget about that.

I'm just off to the pasty shop at each of these parks for confirmation now ;)

The fish and chip shop actually had nothing to do with PBB. Which makes my source even more reliable.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Coaster-wise, I'd love to see a good woodie, but who wouldn't? I also really like the look of those smaller family Gerstlauer coasters which seem to be popping up all over the place.

What I would like to see mainly however is more well themed rides. With Sub-Terra this year, at least there was an attempt at a whole storyline and theme and dark rides that manage to employ a story to the whole experience are some of the best rides out there.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Something like Maverick, i305, or Texas Giant. So in other words, something with an awesome drop and lots of airtime.

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster
Re: What Dark Ridesn Would You Like to See?

Looks like most people want dark rides... so do I! I'm now asking what kinds of dark ridees would you like? I want to know you ideas such as story, theme, effects, ride system!

Jake

Strata Poster
The problem with dark rides is that the really good ones are usually really expensive, take up quite a lot of room and for some reason don't seem very popular here. Perhaps it's a bit of a downward spiral in the sense that we don't really have any good ones, thus people don't actually realise how fab they can be...

It's just far too easy for parks to start cutting corners, then we end up with something cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see a 'wow' dark ride like Spiderman or something in the UK, but I doubt a park would be willing to fork out for a fairly risky investment.

The obvious answer is a modern Woodie really, and a Hyper/Mega as mentioned above. For the latter, Thorpe is probably the only hope. It irritates me that Fantasy Island, blessed with a high ceiling, wasted so much space and money on two pointlessly huge, lackluster Vekomas. It's one of the very few parks that could actually get away with building something big and they **** it up.

Nick

Mega Poster
I think some of the comments have misread the title slightly, and are suggesting rides you'd like to see in existing UK parks not a NEW UK park...

So seeming as a new park usually means a big investment from say a company like universal, or the other big amusement park players, I think we can let our imagination go crazy!

SO I'd like a B&M Wingrider, heavily themed, perhaps with a tomb/ancient civilization type theme and a layout not too dissimilar to X-flight.

To contrast this nicely, I'd like to have a mega-lite, maybe themed around a mountain expedition, utilising rocks and waterfalls to dart about and through several tunnels

The final big coaster would be a woodie of course! I like wild west themed woodies, so this is what I'll order.

Flats I would like include, a big drop tower. A gyro-swing of some description, something similar to Rush at Thorpe but with better capacity and reliability. And maybe a top-scan, I like these!

Other rides... rapids, always have to have some of these. some decent dark rides, with stories like Hex or Temple del Fruego (sp?). Oh and I'm a big fan of transport systems, so a decent railway or river type thing that navigates the park.

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster
Nick said:
I think some of the comments have misread the title slightly, and are suggesting rides you'd like to see in existing UK parks not a NEW UK park...

So seeming as a new park usually means a big investment from say a company like universal, or the other big amusement park players, I think we can let our imagination go crazy!

SO I'd like a B&M Wingrider, heavily themed, perhaps with a tomb/ancient civilization type theme and a layout not too dissimilar to X-flight.

To contrast this nicely, I'd like to have a mega-lite, maybe themed around a mountain expedition, utilising rocks and waterfalls to dart about and through several tunnels

The final big coaster would be a woodie of course! I like wild west themed woodies, so this is what I'll order.

Flats I would like include, a big drop tower. A gyro-swing of some description, something similar to Rush at Thorpe but with better capacity and reliability. And maybe a top-scan, I like these!

Other rides... rapids, always have to have some of these. some decent dark rides, with stories like Hex or Temple del Fruego (sp?). Oh and I'm a big fan of transport systems, so a decent railway or river type thing that navigates the park.

Those are some great ideas!! I've been thinking as well; what different themed areas would you like to see? E.g. haunted wood, apocaliptic city etc.

reddude333

Giga Poster
For sure I have to agree with all those saying a good woodie. But who knows if I will ever go to the UK so I'm not sure what business I have suggesting ride types, haha.