What's new

What manufacturer is the next to leave?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Nothing lasts forever. Especially in terms of Amusement Park Ride manufacturers. Many manufacturers, some of which have been seen as innovators and leaders of the industry at some point, have gone out of business. Now what I'm asking is who's next? It doesn't matter if they manufacture coasters or flat rides(or both), any company is vulnerable.

Honestly, I think Huss is doomed. Most of their current rides are either outdated, too expensive, too maintenance-heavy, or boring. Their 'new' rides are just reinventions of older ones(Condor/Enterprise G2), and just aren't keeping up with competitors like Zamperla, Mondial, etc. I honestly can't remember the last major park they worked with since maXair at Cedar Point, which was 11, almost 12, years ago. I honestly think another company will buy them out soon like S&S did with Arrow.

In terms of coaster manufacturers, I think either Intamin or Maurer. Intamin just can't make a coaster that's good in terms of both rider experience and maintenance. If they make a Top 5-worthy coaster like SkyRush or Maverick, it's plagued with problems and flaws. If they are good with those, the ride most likely sucks. They just can't make up their mind. For Maurer, they just make really good looking rides which just end up being meh. I love the look and flow of their rides, and the design of the actual X-Car looks really nice, but I keep hearing terrible reports of their rides. I've only ever done HRRR, and found it quite enjoyable(given this was in 2010). I don't think either are going any time soon, they're just the most likely to go the way of Arrow and CCI.

So, what do you think?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think you're wrong about Huss. Maybe you should change your thoughts about "major parks" to include those outside the US?

They're still installing rides in plenty of other places, not to mention that with so many rides all over the place, they'll be doing strong business in maintenance and replacement parts etc.

I'd say Fabbri will be gone long before Huss.

Olaf

Mega Poster
Intamin won't go soon either, they are still the best in their market. Look at how many rides, amazing rides even, they sold this year. That won't change next year, and alot of years still to come. Even though the coasters are maintenance heavy, they are worth it for both the parks and the tourists who travelled hundreds of miles

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Sandman

Giga Poster
Yeah, not sure why anyone would think Intamin would go anywhere but obviously they won't. Even if they did, which they definitely will not, they aren't exclusively a ride manufacturer. Huss won't be going anywhere either.

I think an issue that never fails to plight these sorts of discussions is the failure to differentiate between coaster enthusiasm, the business aspect of running a multi-million pound park/brand and the wavering public opinion.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Anybody know how well ABC Rides is doing nowadays? I can't remember any rides of theirs that haven't been astoundingly mediocre, but they seem to have a ride in every other park, so they may do well enough financially.

As for Maurer, I can't tell if they're struggling or anything, but they haven't opened that many rides in recent years, and they were in the news regarding a small company restructure quite recently. On the other hand, they are beginning to get a good foothold in the Chinese market, which should be lucrative enough to keep them afloat, and they seem to do well in the spinning coaster segment. Then again, if you compare them to manufacturers of similarly-sized rides, such as SBF Visa, it seems like Maurer is falling slightly behind.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Anybody know how well ABC Rides is doing nowadays? I can't remember any rides of theirs that haven't been astoundingly mediocre, but they seem to have a ride in every other park, so they may do well enough financially.

As for Maurer, I can't tell if they're struggling or anything, but they haven't opened that many rides in recent years, and they were in the news regarding a small company restructure quite recently. On the other hand, they are beginning to get a good foothold in the Chinese market, which should be lucrative enough to keep them afloat, and they seem to do well in the spinning coaster segment. Then again, if you compare them to manufacturers of similarly-sized rides, such as SBF Visa, it seems like Maurer is falling slightly behind.
I believe ABC still gets quite a few orders for water rides. And haven't they also launched that cool looking Tourbillon flat ride just last season?

How about Soquet? When was the last time they have built anything?

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

lachlan

Mega Poster
ATI said:
I'm thinking Reverchon likely. Maybe Premier Rides?
With five Sky Rocket IIs built in the past four years, Premier Rides are doing quite well.

If I had to pick one I would way E&F Miler, excluding their new coaster at Playland's Castaway Cove they haven't been building much lately. I'm surprised they are still here to be honest when their coasters are so rough.

AshleyScared

Roller Poster
I think Gerstlauer is gonna be on its way out soon; Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Merlin, all the major companies just aren't buying anything from them, and smaller parks probably won't be considering all the reliability issues they've been having. Not just The Smiler, but other coasters as well.

RyanB19

Roller Poster
I don't think any or going out soon, but I can see one of the more innovative companies going the same way as arrow, and take a massive project on only for it to fail. Maybe S&S, who bought what was left of arrow although I'm not entirely sure of their financial state they have had a few concepts flop.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ They've also sold a s**tload of tower rides, all of which will need maintenance and replacement parts. They're not going anywhere.

Dave

CF Legend
AshleyScared said:
I think Gerstlauer is gonna be on its way out soon; Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Merlin, all the major companies just aren't buying anything from them, and smaller parks probably won't be considering all the reliability issues they've been having. Not just The Smiler, but other coasters as well.

They do so many spare parts for trains, rides and roller coasters. Not going to close down for selling unreliable rides.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
AshleyScared said:

Of course Cedar Fair, Merlin, Six Flags and other big companies don't order from Gerstlauer, because Gerstlauer's target "audience" are medium and smaller sized parks. As far as I know they have 2 or 3 projects going right now, which isn't too bad. Also, I have not heard about an incidence with a Gerstlauer Coaster in Germany yet, and we have quite a few. Even Tripsdrill, Gerstlauer's first customer, is only getting Gerstlauer roller coasters since then (one bobsled, one woodie and an infinity coaster) and all of them are running fine. I think their business is going well enough.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster

ABC just got a new contract for a new coaster, as well as some new tourbillions.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
I don't think any or going out soon, but I can see one of the more innovative companies going the same way as arrow, and take a massive project on only for it to fail. Maybe S&S, who bought what was left of arrow although I'm not entirely sure of their financial state they have had a few concepts flop.
S&S will not go anywhere anytime soon. And if they do, they will be bought by RMC due to the Alan Shilke connections

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Who will be soon to go?

Soriani-Moser. makers of MACH Towers & Sidewinders.

Maybe I.E. Park. or even Gravity Group. They've had to file for bankruptcy 3 times. Once as Dinn, another as CCI.