What's new

What is your favourite Disney Space Mountain?

What is your favourite Disney Space Mountain?

• Space Mountain: Mission 2 DLRParis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Space Mountain WDWR (Florida)

• Space Mountain DLRCalifornia

• Space Mountain TokyoDL

• Space Mountain Hong Kong DL

• Total voters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've ridden 3 of them.

1. Hong Kong

2. Tokyo (same layout as Hong Kong I think, but HK has better effects, an onboard sound system, and is smoother)

3. Florida

spicy

Giga Poster
I have ridden the Paris Version and Florida's version. There not even in the same league.

Space Mountain: Mission 2 is brilliant, one of my favourite coasters. Floridas is just crap.

1. Space Mountain: Mission 2

2: Florida's

Rush

Giga Poster
Space Mountain California without a doubt. It's smooth, amazingly fun and the effects on the ride are amazing. It's not the fastest ride but sitting in the front and travelling what feels like on nothing it really makes it seem a lot faster.

It also has fab music.

Florida/Paris's are really naff in comparison. (Although I only rode Paris's before Mission 2.)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Out of all the one I've ridden, the original DLRP version wins it for me.

Hurrah for pointless Friday afternoon posting!

Ben

CF Legend
The original in Paris was the best.

Then Florida's.

And finally Mission 2, which is just a rough Vekoma in the dark now.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Disney Land Paris all the way!
It just brings back memories and all the others are not so violent as that one!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Uhh I haven't ridden any but I'll be riding the Space Mountain in DLP in January so I can make a proper opinion on it then, but I'll say Space Mountain: Mission 2 as I think the launch looks fun and looks like it has good effects from what I've watched. And also it's the only looping Space Mountain. :)

All the other Space Mountains just look average.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
I have only done one :( The Paris version before it became Mission 2, so that will have to be my favourite.

Kebab

Giga Poster
DLRP version sadly over-shadows the originals, with the addition of a launch and inversions :p

walker1104

Mega Poster
I've only ridden the Paris and Florida version of this, and the Florida version is better by miles. But I do think that the Paris one looks the best because it has a launch and inversions.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Hmmm....

1. Space Mountain, de la terre a la lune, which was better in my opinion, the music had more feeling.

2. Tokyo Disneyland's Space Mountain - Good re-vamp

3. WDW - Unreliable as hell, kinda weird trains too that I don't like. Atleast it's getting a re-vamp

Sadly, I have not ridden Hong Kong's, or Disneyland's

nadroJ

CF Legend
The Paris version is the most impressive to look at, especially at night. I love the Jules Verne theme and also the inside theming and on-ride music. However, I feel the launch is lackluster and the coaster as a whole is rough, the trains are bulky and uncomfortable.

I prefer Florida's version. Though not as impressive as Paris, it is such a fun little ride, fast and really packs a punch, I spent most of my ride ducking thinking I was going to hit my head =] I also like the original sci-fi spacey theme that Florida's version has, it feels much more 'Disney' to me.

The Paris one looks the best, no doubt about that, however, the only one I have been on is the Florida one, which I remember being decent as well.

But, I'll go with Paris for the time being.

Ollie

CF Legend
The Paris one easily wins. It's got the best layout, looks the best from the outside and at nights and has one of the best ride music ever.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
The one in floridas ****. I was expecting so much more.
I would go for Paris', although, like some other people i only rode that before it was mission 2.

marc

CF Legend
Having done the ones in Orlando and California I think the one in Paris is one of the worst.

It does seem like alot of people voting for it have only ever been to Paris so are going on POV's and pictures. You can not judge them this way its impossible.

The ones in Orlando and California are a lot more fun and just simply better.

Paris is just to rough to enjoy now.

Also Mission1 was better than Mission2.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ I honestly think Mission 2 is better than Mission 1.

During Mission 1's life it got darker and darker until it's last couple of years, it was just pitch black. Mission 2 is so much brighter and the ending is fantastic, traveling through the twisting lights at speed. It's spot on I think. The music in my opinion is better suited to the ride now as well. Mission 2's launch was readjusted to launch from the bottom of the cannon instead of half way, and is far more powerful than Mission 1's launched. Though it's not the best of launches, it certainly is an improvement.

Mission 2 all the way, it pee's all over the first one.