What's new

What is your favorite merch item to get at a Theme Park?

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
One part (major to some minor to others) of any visit to a theme park is the ultra important decision of what souvenir you will be bringing home with you.

How do you make that decision? Is it the same go to item at every park (mine's fridge magnets)? Do discounts or pass member offers influence your decision? How often do you buy stuff at your home park?

I'm curious to see what the ultra posh Coaster Force members fancy when visiting parks. :--D

therick311

Mega Poster
I'm usually on the hunt for a t-shirt. However, I'm pretty pickey when it comes to t-shirts. I'm usually looking for a shirt from my favorite ride in the park, never a park shirt. Also, I won't buy a shirt with the ride stats plastered all over it. I find those to be lame. The shirt needs to have a cool logo or graphic on it. If I can't find a shirt the meets my liking, I will look at the other merch branded to my favorite ride in the park. But again, if I don't find anything I like, I move on. I never feel obligated to buy something.

(Posted while sipping coffee from my Prowler mug. mmmmmm......triple down)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I don't have a specific niche, I used to buy shot glasses from parks, got quite a few of those, and mugs. Nowadays it depends on what I like, I generally won't buy fridge magnets as there's no space on there, but a decent ride replica or something different usually catches my eye.
I save buying T-Shirts for rides that blow me away only.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Mugs. Lots and lots of mugs.
I try and purchase things that are actually useful (and as I drink around 10 cups of tea a day...).

I don't really wear ride or park clothing because I try and hide my geekiness as much as possible.
The only exceptions are a green T-shirt from Great Adventure which I use as a pajama top and an Alton Towers hoddie which isn't obviously theme-parky.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Key rings and on-ride photos. Other than that I never buy merch at parks unless it is a present for someone else.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Mainly t-shirts. I too am fairly picky when looking for the right one. I wanted one from Six Flags america, but none of them I liked so I bought a fridge magnet instead. I own quite a few park shirts. I also picked up a few coaster posters from Cedar Point, as well as a TTD train model. But I mostly do shirts.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Tacky ****. It's fab :p

I have rather been persuaded shot glasses might be a nice thing to collect. Plan to start this season.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
rtotheizzo17 said:
One part (major to some minor to others) of any visit to a theme park is the ultra important decision of what souvenir you will be bringing home with you.

It's a really easy decision for me: f**k all.

Mike

Giga Poster
I bought a couple of shirts from Disney World and one from HK Disney (which annoyingly doesn't really fit properly), but they're not obviously theme park related. Otherwise, I don't really bother with souvenirs.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I collect park merchandise so I buy a lot. Normally it consists of a t-shirt, keyring, mug, and hat. Though now that I can drive I might start buying park bumper stickers.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Oh I love a good car sticker. Don't get that many of them over here as in the US. I have a 'my other car's a rollercoaster' one from Merlin, but I didn't buy it, I won it. I've got a CF one too, naturally (thanks v much Ian)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Lanyards is it with an occassional mug (massively bummed that Lake Compounce didnt have a lanyard). I only started in the past couple of seasons, so only the parks from the past few years really.

I do have 3 of Gatekeeper though :lol:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
This has just reminded me of the discount shop at Plopsaland. Peep and I spent a good half hour wading through the total crap to find things for Nic. K3 showergel. Amika flags. Haha!

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Shot glasses and mugs - I have a nice collection of these and always try and buy some when I visit a park. Also t-shirts and pens :)

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
My favorites are T-Shirts and Giant Park Maps. I have only found giant park maps of Cedar Point last year and one of Great Adventure, that one I don't even remember getting but I got it around El Toro's opening year. I get t shirts at any park I go to I have way too many.