What's new

What Is The Most Forceful Ride You Have Ever Been On?

marc

CF Legend
The helix at the end of Goliath at SFMM is rather intense as well, just a same the rest of the coaster is pants.

Maybe I went on a bad Batman.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Any of the Intamin accelerators I've been on.
Shivering Timbers would have to come in a close second. It just troughs you around with some really forceful airtime.
Third would have to be MF's pull out the first drop. That ****'s intense.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
easy Superman Ultimate Flight SFOG, at the bottom of the pretzel loop. It is rumored on this site that the pretzel loop at SFOG can pull up to 6.7G's

Kebab

Giga Poster
For sustained forces, Dragon Khan alone has enough moments to knock me out cold in a single ride, but only at night when the coaster has awakened and became a bit more moody. The entrance to the second loop produced some insane verts, and the Zero-G gives a massive lateral and negative G kick.

As it is including flat rides, any swingy/spinny travelling rides can be dangerously forceful, with the exception of Fabbri Boosters which are practically forceless. But any Top Scans, afterburners or those ridiculous Equinox things, are by far some of the most forceful rides.

Oh yes, I can't forget Blackpools Wild Mouse, this HAS to be the most intense rollercoaster I've ever ridden. :p

A

Anonymous

I would say Nemesis at Alton Towers is the most i've felt in a long time. Vortex at Thorpe Park can pack a punch too.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Like a lot of people said Pretzel Loop on Superman- Ultimate Flight at SFGAdv. but I'm really excited for Tatsu's coming up in a couple weeks. Also Montu for inverts I found quite forceful as well as El Toro in the negative forces.

A

Anonymous

valleyfair! said:
Also Montu for inverts I found quite forceful as well as El Toro in the negative forces.

Yeah i agree Montu's Immelmann and Batwing are very forceful indeed.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
Have to agree with Dragon Kahn. It just never really seems to let up, inversion after inversion.

Accelerators are pretty forceful aswell. Well, I've only been on two (Rita and Baco) but I found the launches of both really strong.

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
EDIT: massive apologies for bringing up and old topic. D'oh! I misread the date. Gah, it's been a while. Please excuse the newb-ish tendencies as I get back into the swing of things.

I think, technically, SUF at Georgia has it. That said, Mantis without the trim was as close as I've ever come to blacking out on a coaster. I have no idea what the actual physical measurements were, though. I imagine that forces feel greater and it's easier to start blacking out when you're in a standing position; blood is pushed to your feet rather than your dorsal side. So, SUF, probably?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
barnes said:
Vortex at Thorpe Park can pack a punch too.

Bortex is the tamest Afterburner I've been on. You seriously need to get on a good one.

The one at Coney Beach in Porth Cawl is the best I've done I think. Brean's comes pretty close, but had a shorter cycle.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Bortex is the tamest Afterburner I've been on. You seriously need to get on a good one.

The travelling Afterburner Chaos is pretty forceful although an Extreme or a Superstar packs more of a punch :D

One of the most intense flat rides I've been on this year is the Bensons Waltzer - that run on full speed was amazing!

Regarding coasters I've ridden, I'd have to go for Dragon Khan as well, although the first helix on Nemesis is also awesome :D

Swat

Hyper Poster
I also went on it on Tuesday. The area was shut off because someone collapsed so we got stuck in the exit whilst it was sorted.

Swat

Hyper Poster
I got to the park at 11, I'm not sure of the time.

Back on topic, Nemesis and N:I are forceful mostly when your on the back seats after they have warmed up.

A

Anonymous

I rode nemesis back row I didnt think it was as forceful as Nemesis Inferno at TP, but funner

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The most forceful ride that I've been on in my opinion is Montana Infinitum at La Feria Chepultepec in Mexico City. For those who don't know, it used to be Magnum Force. I knew the ride was going to be crazy as soon as I saw the restraint was basically a vest attached to the seatback. I sat in back, and I felt like I was at the mercy of the machine for the entire ride, getting thrown to the left and right around the diving turns, and then the super high Gforces in the three loops. The entire ride was intense and very fun, but it's almost too intense. Schwarzkopf was definitely a madman when he was working on it and other similar rides.