What's new

What is The Best Year For Roller Coasters Installed?

xxx374xxx

Roller Poster
Since some people have called 2020, 2018 etc. The Best year for roller coasters, What Is Really The Best Coaster year for roller coasters being installed?

streetmagix

Mega Poster
For the UK: 1994. Nemesis, The Big One and Shockwave. I don't think we'll ever see a year like it again, although 2018 with Wicker Man and ICON comes a close second.

Snoo

The Legend

Kalistos

Mega Poster
2016 ? Taron, Wildfire, Lightning Rod now among the best coasters in the world. Mako and Flying Dinosaur are arguably among the best B&M out there. And Asia greeted HUGE innovations : Flash, the first Mack Hyper coaster, Soaring with Dragons, this very unique Intamin ride. Honorable mention for Coaster Through the Clouds and Flying Aces (what a year for Intamin !)

Scottingtonville

Upstop Media
Staff member
Social Media Team
2000 was an outstanding year. I’ll never forget that. Bunch of Intamin hypers and a CCI boom. Great year, I did much traveling then and in 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Spreadsheet time - based only on significant coasters I've done, average rating out of 20:

44553064715_55057d962d.jpg

Nice upwards trend there, a reason to look forward to the future.

Top 5, showing 2016 is my true winner, but dragged down by a lot of lesser stuff:

2015 - 16.25 (3 Jungle Trailblazers, Kärnan)
2014 - 15.2 (Helix, Alpina Blitz, Parrot Coaster)
2018 - 15.17 (Icon, Wood Express, Valkyria)
2016 - 14.69 (Python in Bamboo Forest, Taron, Flying Aces, Wildfire, Flying Dinosaur, Flash, Soaring with Dragon, Coaster through the Clouds, Lost Gravity) :eek:
2017 - 14 (DC Rivals, Arashi, Jungle Dragon)