Yeah, those would be the top 4, IMO.

other states possibly worthy of an honorable mention:

Virginia
Texas
New Jersey
Missouri

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
I'm biased as fudge, but it's Texas! We got IRat and Wonder Woman, rides like Texas Stingray, Steel Eel, Mr Freeze, Krypton Coaster, Shockwave, also 3 Batman clones with conveniently located 30 minutes from each other XD... but the crowning jewel of course no DOUBT is the beauty and God given gift in Kemah bestowed as "Boardwalk Bullet"... undisputed masterpiece that raises Texas number one... not that I've ever ridden much rides in other states doe lolol
Ooh and coming soon our lineup will only get way better! Cliffhanger, Aquaman, Palindrome, and nothing special, a freakin Tilt Coaster!!!

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
I'm biased as fudge, but it's Texas! We got IRat and Wonder Woman, rides like Texas Stingray, Steel Eel, Mr Freeze, Krypton Coaster, Shockwave, also 3 Batman clones with conveniently located 30 minutes from each other XD... but the crowning jewel of course no DOUBT is the beauty and God given gift in Kemah bestowed as "Boardwalk Bullet"... undisputed masterpiece that raises Texas number one... not that I've ever ridden much rides in other states doe lolol
Ooh and coming soon our lineup will only get way better! Cliffhanger, Aquaman, Palindrome, and nothing special, a freakin Tilt Coaster!!!
Yeah I'm not too sure why I forgot to mention Texas. Its one of the few places outside the Northeast I've visited an amusement park.

1. Rhode Island
2. Hawaii
3. Delaware
4. Wyoming
I was literally about to post a very similar, sarcastic response but you beat me to the punch :p Rhode Island was, funnily enough, the state I was going to choose for #1 so it must really suck for them to be the first state that comes to mind for sarcasm regarding best cred state.

I have to go purely by standout coasters, meaning coasters I either objectively put above average or subjectively just enjoy more than the average coaster. The first states that popped into my head were of course Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida, and Califoria so I guess I'll just go state by state and star the ones I've actually been on.

Florida
Expedition Everest*
Iron Gwazi
Velocicoaster
Montu*
Kumba*
SheiKra*
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad*
Space Mountain*
Mako
Mine Blower
Gringotts
Manta (I'd probably personally hate this but B&M flyers usually aren't objectively bad)
Kraken
Rock n' Roller Coaster*
Journey to Atlantis* (can't remember how good it was but I remember liking it as an 8 year old)
Revenge of the Mummy*
Tron (does it count even though it's under construction?)
= 17

(this list really made me realize I'm due back in Florida like, now)

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Slinky look fun but I can't really put them up there with great or really good coasters since I've yet to ride them and really don't know much about either.

Pennsylvania

Candymonium
Fahrenheit*
Storm Runner*
Skyrush*
Ravine Flyer II*
Flying Turns
Phoenix*
Great Bear*
Jack Rabbit*
Phantom's Revenge*
Steel Curtain
Steel Force*
Talon*
= 13

Ohio

Banshee (don't love it, but some of these I'm trying to look at as objectively as possible)*
Backlot (don't judge, I love it)*
Flight of Fear*
Beast*
Diamondback*
GateKeeper*
Magnum*
Maverick*
Mystic Timbers*
Orion*
Raptor*
Steel Vengeance*
Valravn*
= 13

California
Apocalypse
Batman: the Ride
Space Mountain*
Emperor
Flight Deck
Ghost Rider
HangTime
Joker
Manta*
RailBlazer
Revenge of the Mummy*
Silver Bullet*
Tatsu
Twisted Colossus
X2
Xcelerator*
Wonder Woman (okay, under construction but I included Tron)
= 18

I don't know how I feel about Scream and Riddler, I don't think they deserve to make the list so I didn't add them (though I'll amend in like a week if I change my mind)

Texas
Batman: the Ride*
Boardwalk Bullet*
Goliath*
Great White*
Iron Rattler*
Mr. Freeze*
Poltergeist*
Steel Eel*
Krypton*
New Texas Giant*
Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso
Titan*
Switchback
= 14 (and most of them are not in the elite category either and there are a decent number of clones here)

Although California has one extra on the list and potentially a few more, I'm also taking into consideration the distance between the parks, how many "elite" vs. non-elite coasters there are on each list, etc. Florida has more unique and elite ones within a more concentrated area. So even though it took me a while to get here, this is my list:

1. Florida
2. California
3. Ohio
4. Pennsylvania
5. Texas

And yes cry me a river if I left out something you think is elite or included something you hate. I didn't sit here and assess the situation for hours, and it's an objective and subjective list combined.

opivy028

Mega Poster
I was literally about to post a very similar, sarcastic response but you beat me to the punch :p Rhode Island was, funnily enough, the state I was going to choose for #1 so it must really suck for them to be the first state that comes to mind for sarcasm regarding best cred state.

I have to go purely by standout coasters, meaning coasters I either objectively put above average or subjectively just enjoy more than the average coaster. The first states that popped into my head were of course Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida, and Califoria so I guess I'll just go state by state and star the ones I've actually been on.

Florida
Expedition Everest*
Iron Gwazi
Velocicoaster
Montu*
Kumba*
SheiKra*
Space Mountain*
Mako
Mine Blower
Gringotts
Manta (I'd probably personally hate this but B&M flyers usually aren't objectively bad)
Kraken
Rock n' Roller Coaster*
Journey to Atlantis* (can't remember how good it was but I remember liking it as an 8 year old)
Revenge of the Mummy*
Tron (does it count even though it's under construction?)
= 17

(this list really made me realize I'm due back in Florida like, now)

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Slinky look fun but I can't really put them up there with great or really good coasters since I've yet to ride them and really don't know much about either.

Pennsylvania

Candymonium
Fahrenheit*
Storm Runner*
Skyrush*
Ravine Flyer II*
Flying Turns
Phoenix*
Great Bear*
Jack Rabbit*
Phantom's Revenge*
Steel Curtain
Steel Force*
Talon*
= 13

Ohio

Banshee (don't love it, but some of these I'm trying to look at as objectively as possible)*
Backlot (don't judge, I love it)*
Flight of Fear*
Beast*
Diamondback*
GateKeeper*
Magnum*
Maverick*
Mystic Timbers*
Orion*
Raptor*
Steel Vengeance*
Valravn*
= 13

California
Apocalypse
Batman: the Ride
Space Mountain*
Emperor
Flight Deck
Ghost Rider
HangTime
Joker
Manta*
RailBlazer
Revenge of the Mummy*
Silver Bullet*
Tatsu
Twisted Colossus
X2
Xcelerator*
Wonder Woman (okay, under construction but I included Tron)
= 18

I don't know how I feel about Scream and Riddler, I don't think they deserve to make the list so I didn't add them (though I'll amend in like a week if I change my mind)

Texas
Boardwalk Bullet*
Goliath*
Great White*
Iron Rattler*
Mr. Freeze*
Poltergeist*
Steel Eel*
Krypton*
New Texas Giant*
Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso
Titan*
Switchback
= 14 (and most of them are not in the elite category either and there are a decent number of clones here)

Although California has one extra on the list and potentially a few more, I'm also taking into consideration the distance between the parks, how many "elite" vs. non-elite coasters there are on each list, etc. Florida has more unique and elite ones within a more concentrated area. So even though it took me a while to get here, this is my list:

1. Florida
2. California
3. Ohio
4. Pennsylvania
5. Texas

And yes cry me a river if I left out something you think is elite or included something you hate. I didn't sit here and assess the situation for hours, and it's an objective and subjective list combined.
You left millennium force off of Ohio. Doesn’t change your rankings but should be on there.