Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zaturn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
There are Several Intamin Launch Coasters all over the world and some look really good and some look average. I am yet to ride one that ticks all the boxes for me, but i'm sure there is one out their. I am interested to know what peoples favourite is because i could imagine alot of peple would say kingda ka or top thrill dragster because of the height and speed but i think som of the shorter longer ones look better such as: Storm Runner, Ispeed and Maverick. What is your favourite. Pick up to 3 if you want. Hydraulic and LSM Launch coasters only count on this topic. Here the ones i have ridden

1. Xcelerator: Wonderful ride but a bit too short
2. Stealth: Wonderful ride but far too short
3. Cheetah Hunt: Good long ride but not intense
4. Rita: Good but short and not a very interesting layout
5. Kanonen: Weak launch, small and short
6. Furious Baco: Best Launch but very rough and boring afterwards

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I would have to say Baco, front outer seats on it, is amazing, it's just a shame the rest of the ride lets it down, if it was smoother I could see it being my no.1 coaster. The theming for it, is not bad too.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Only been on Stealth and Rita, so I am not going to vote. However, I am suprised Maverick hasn't got more votes. It looks amazing...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I've only been on Dragster, Xcelerator, Maverick, and Wicked Twister; which are all very, VERY different rides.

Maverick is my #2 favorite roller coaster overall. But as far as launch goes, there is none better than TTD.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Got to say Maverick, TTD, and KK are my top 3 of them, but there are a lot of real good ones. Rita has a special place in my heart because it was my #200.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
1. TTD
2. Maverick
3. Stealth
4. Storm Runner
5. Wicked Twister
6. Kingda Ka
7. Rita
8. Desert Race
9. Posessed
10. Vertical Velocity

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Only been on Dragster and Xcelerator, and it's all about Dragster. The launch is so intense, the view from the top is absolutely amazing, and just amazing. Xcelerator holds a special spot as it was really the coaster that turned me into an enthusiast. Well, that and X(2).

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Only been on Storm Runner right now. I will hopefully hit Baco in a few weeks (Please do not spite me) assuming I'm not spited. So I'll have a little more insight then.

andrus

Giga Poster
Brett7710 said:
1. TTD
2. Maverick
3. Stealth
4. Storm Runner
5. Wicked Twister
6. Kingda Ka
So the difference is that big between KK and TTD? I thought KK was good, but tbh it was a little too rough to be thoroughly enjoyable. I think a slightly smoother version and/or better restraints would help a lot though! :)

Anyway, here's my list:

1) Stealth
2) iSpeed
3) Furious Baco
4) Kingda Ka
5) Volcano
6) Desert Race
7) Rita
8) Possessed
9) Storm Runner
10) Kanonen

Jer

Strata Poster
Considering I've only been on Storm Runner and Kingda Ka. I think my answer is rather obvious.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
If Maverick counts, Volcano should too.

Of the ones I've ridden, I'd rank them this way:

Maverick
Kingda Ka
Dragster
Storm Runner
Volcano

Not a bad one in the bunch, really.

Snoo

The Legend
andrus said:
Brett7710 said:
1. TTD
2. Maverick
3. Stealth
4. Storm Runner
5. Wicked Twister
6. Kingda Ka
So the difference is that big between KK and TTD? I thought KK was good, but tbh it was a little too rough to be thoroughly enjoyable. I think a slightly smoother version and/or better restraints would help a lot though! :)

You just answered your own question. ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend
If we're just talking about launches here then my favourite is still Stealth. I love that absolutely gut wrenching feeling and it takes my breath away every time. And front row in the dark is just heaven <3

Will

Strata Poster
Granted I've only done 6 of those, but still felt qualified to vote for the only one that's not ****.
Now, to round up those who voted Stealth, split them, salt them, and nail them to a fence.
Along with anyone who says things like this:
CookieCoasters said:
i think som of the shorter longer ones look better

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've also ridden 6 and out of all of them I think my favourite is Superman Escape - a fab all rounder and has a really good pre-launch section.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Storm Runner

It was a very tough choice between that and TTD.
While the 120 mph launch is a whallop the longer, (and IMO more intense) ride of Storm Runner gives it the nod.
It's still short but so intense! Especially that epic airtime hill right into one and a half twists.

KK is a close third (yes the roughness/OTSR is what puts it under TTD)

However, I have a feeling my mind will be changed when I ride Maverick in August.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
madhjsp said:
If Maverick counts, Volcano should too.

Just curious, why do you say that?
Is there a reason Maverick shouldn't count??

Also, I could agree...Volcano can be included but that also means Wicked Twister/other impulse coasters would have to be included.

Which wouldn't change my vote. Volcano is awesome but kind of meh with all the slow rolls.
I love Wicked Twister actually, though not enough to usurp Storm Runner, TTD, KK