What's new

What is the best flat ride of all time?

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Rush is probably my favourite, just a shame it doesn't last very long. Samurai is also very good, as is Maelstrom at DMP.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Overall we've got a pretty solid list of Flat's in the UK, but here's my top 5:

1. Fabbri Drop Towers - Detonator (Thorpe)
2. Intamin 2nd Gen Drop Tower - Apocalypse (Drayton)
3. Mondial Top Scan - Samurai/Whirlwind (Thorpe/LWV)
4. Intamin Gyro Swing - Maelstrom (Drayton)
5. S&S Sky Swat - Slammer (Thorpe)

Must say though, Air Race's and Screaming Swing's are honourable mentions, but not quite as good as the others.

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
Hard to narrow it down to one in particular....But loved the 1st and 2nd gen Intamin drop towers :) Next to that would be the Zipper for me. Would be great to see them modernized with maybe some floorless seats instead of cages or something :D

Hutch

Strata Poster
Screamin' Swings are great fun while they last, but they finish too soon just as the best part is getting started.

While Huss frisbees may bee similar to Screamin' Swings, they are much bigger and the added spin makes them just ridiculously fun! So my vote is for MaXair.

It seems like a lot of people here love Slammer. That's that catapult thing at Thorpe right? I haven't ridden it myself, but there was one just like it at Six Flags New England (gone now) and I wasn't a huge fan of it. Sure it's an interesting ride but I found it a bit uncomfortable.